RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Eps logo not appearing in gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Eps logo not appearing in gimp artlog 06 Oct 02:43
  Eps logo not appearing in gimp Ofnuts 06 Oct 08:42
   Eps logo not appearing in gimp artlog 06 Oct 11:54
    Eps logo not appearing in gimp Ofnuts 06 Oct 13:27
Eps logo not appearing in gimp <walton@12on14.com> 06 Oct 15:05
2010-10-06 02:43:38 UTC (over 13 years ago)
postings

Hi all,

I have a beginners problem. I have a logo in .eps . And I have to make a poster with this logo. I want to import the eps file into the Gimp file, but in place of the logo there is just a white square. I read somwhere that this is normal that I don't see the logo. But how can I make it visible for the final .pdf file?

Thank you very much for help!

Ofnuts
2010-10-06 08:42:36 UTC (over 13 years ago)

Is Gimp telling you anything on the error console? (Dockable dialogues/Error Console)? Do you have Ghostscript installed (seems to be a prerequisite)?

On 06/10/2010 02:43, artlog wrote:

Hi all,

I have a beginners problem. I have a logo in .eps . And I have to make a poster with this logo. I want to import the eps file into the Gimp file, but in place of the logo there is just a white square. I read somwhere that this is normal that I don't see the logo. But how can I make it visible for the final .pdf file?

2010-10-06 11:54:23 UTC (over 13 years ago)
postings

Is Gimp telling you anything on the error console? (Dockable dialogues/Error Console)? Do you have Ghostscript installed (seems to be a prerequisite)?

Hi all,

Ofnuts
2010-10-06 13:27:10 UTC (over 13 years ago)

On 06/10/2010 11:54, artlog wrote:

I realize that the .eps file is white also when I open it with other programs (it can't be a problem from this file, because I got it from professional).

This is an assumption I wouldn't make. Professionals make mistakes, too.

<walton@12on14.com>
2010-10-06 15:05:18 UTC (over 13 years ago)

You didn't mention what the other programs are. If you tried to open it in Inkscape, Illustrator, or Photoshop, and all you got was white box, I'd say your next step is to contact the professional.

I would guess that we've all inadvertently copied the top layer in a multi-layered image, not the merged image, and pasted it into a another document a saw nothing because the layer was empty or, in Photoshop, it was an adjustment layer.

Walton

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: [Gimp-user] Eps logo not appearing in gimp From: artlog
Date: Wed, October 06, 2010 2:54 am
To: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU Cc: team@gimpusers.com

Hi all,