RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Cut out?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Cut out? BGP 23 Jan 18:05
  Cut out? Martin Nordholts 23 Jan 18:09
   Cut out? BGP 23 Jan 19:52
BGP
2010-01-23 18:05:11 UTC (over 14 years ago)

Cut out?

I have an image that I want to cut a part out of to use as a separate image. The shape of the area I want to cut out and use is irregular. How can I cleanly cut out that part and copy it as a seperate image?

Martin Nordholts
2010-01-23 18:09:27 UTC (over 14 years ago)

Cut out?

BGP wrote:

I have an image that I want to cut a part out of to use as a separate image. The shape of the area I want to cut out and use is irregular. How can I cleanly cut out that part and copy it as a seperate image?

Select the part you want to copy, then Edit -> Copy, then Edit -> Paste as -> New Image

To select irregular shapes, try the Free Select Tool and the quick mask.

/ Martin

BGP
2010-01-23 19:52:02 UTC (over 14 years ago)

Cut out?

Thanks....that helped.

Here's what I did (using GIMP ver. 2.6.8)

1. Clicked "Scissors Select Tool"

2. Traced the outside of the object I wanted.

3. Clicked "Edit -> Copy

4. Clicked "Edit -> Paste as -> New Image

On 01/23/2010 12:11 PM, Martin Nordholts wrote:

BGP wrote:

Select the part you want to copy, then Edit -> Copy, then Edit -> Paste as -> New Image

To select irregular shapes, try the Free Select Tool and the quick mask.

/ Martin