RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Re : [Gimp-user ] How to export only one channel in grey levels ?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to export only one channel in grey levels ? Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 11 Jan 18:20
  How to export only one channel in grey levels ? David Neary 11 Jan 19:16
   Re : [Gimp-user ] How to export only one channel in grey levels ? Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 11 Jan 19:39
    Re : [Gimp-user ] How to export only one channel in grey levels ? David Neary 11 Jan 19:46
Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-01-11 18:20:58 UTC (over 20 years ago)

How to export only one channel in grey levels ?

Hi,

I've shooted some infra-red pictures with my digital camera. I would like to isolate the red channel and transform it to a black and white picture, discarding the green and blue channels.

How to do that ?

If I select only the red and change the mode to grey levels, I get only a transparent picture.

--
Regards
- Jean-Luc

David Neary
2004-01-11 19:16:44 UTC (over 20 years ago)

How to export only one channel in grey levels ?

Hi,

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:

I've shooted some infra-red pictures with my digital camera. I would like to isolate the red channel and transform it to a black and white picture, discarding the green and blue channels.

How to do that ?

You should decompose the image. This is not the only way to do it, but it's certainly the easiest. The Decompose filter was moved in the 1.3 tree to /Filters/Colors/Decompose. Select RGB from the choices offered, and you will get 3 greyscale images, one for each channel.

Cheers, Dave.

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-01-11 19:39:29 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Le 11.01.2004 19:16, David Neary a écrit :

Hi,

How to do that ?

You should decompose the image. This is not the only way to do it, but it's certainly the easiest. The Decompose filter was moved in the 1.3 tree to /Filters/Colors/Decompose. Select RGB from the choices offered, and you will get 3 greyscale images, one for each channel.

Cheers, Dave.

Worked fine, thanks.

--
- Jean-luc

David Neary
2004-01-11 19:46:36 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Worked fine, thanks.

Pas de quoi.

Dave.