RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

how to remove coffee stain from scanned documents?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

how to remove coffee stain from scanned documents? Zhang Weiwu 27 Jun 10:47
  how to remove coffee stain from scanned documents? Zhang Weiwu 03 Aug 11:11
   how to remove coffee stain from scanned documents? Abbyy 19 Jun 06:17
Zhang Weiwu
2009-06-27 10:47:55 UTC (almost 15 years ago)

Hello. I knew how to create coffee stain, there are too many tutorials available for that but google always tell me what I knew. In fact I don't need gimp to make coffee stain, I can simply pour coffee on the print output. What I need is to remove coffee stain from a scanned document.

In my case I think it should be easy because the document is printed in blue color while coffee stain dark and red. A person can easily tell documents from the stain, so should gimp. Can you recommend a tutorial that I can follow, that solves similar problem?

Thanks Zhang Weiwu

Zhang Weiwu
2009-08-03 11:11:19 UTC (over 14 years ago)

Zhang Weiwu wrote:

Hello. I knew how to create coffee stain, there are too many tutorials available for that but google always tell me what I knew. In fact I don't need gimp to make coffee stain, I can simply pour coffee on the print output. What I need is to remove coffee stain from a scanned document.

In my case I think it should be easy because the document is printed in blue color while coffee stain dark and red. A person can easily tell documents from the stain, so should gimp. Can you recommend a tutorial that I can follow, that solves similar problem?

I found the solution now and can answer to my own question.

Use "Colors -> Components" to separate the scan to CMYK, remove all except cyan (so we removed the coffee stain and kept the blue ink), do color replacement to get the cyan back to blue. Done.

2020-06-19 06:17:54 UTC (almost 4 years ago)
postings

Zhang Weiwu wrote:
I found the solution now and can answer to my own question.

Use "Colors -> Components" to separate the scan to CMYK, remove all except cyan (so we removed the coffee stain and kept the blue ink), do color replacement to get the cyan back to blue. Done.

Hi Zhang ,would you help me please, what program did you use and how , I have the same problem and need to get it fixed asap