RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

printing

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

printing Josenildo Marques 21 Dec 19:47
  printing Marco Wessel 21 Dec 20:07
   printing Josenildo Marques 21 Dec 23:16
    printing Marco Wessel 22 Dec 01:53
printing Alf C Stockton 23 Dec 06:24
  printing Khiraly 24 Dec 01:36
Josenildo Marques
2003-12-21 19:47:35 UTC (over 20 years ago)

printing

When I try to print with The Gimp I have to choose my printer as the output. If I leave the output as PostScript Level 2, all it prints is unreadable gibberish on many sheets of paper. How can I solve this ?

TIA

-- JM

Marco Wessel
2003-12-21 20:07:15 UTC (over 20 years ago)

printing

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 04:47:35PM -0200, Josenildo Marques wrote:

When I try to print with The Gimp I have to choose my printer as the output. If I leave the output as PostScript Level 2, all it prints is unreadable gibberish on many sheets of paper. How can I solve this ?

Your printer can't handle PostScript. You'll need to select your printer model or a compatible one from the list.

Marco

Josenildo Marques
2003-12-21 23:16:47 UTC (over 20 years ago)

printing

On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 17:07, Marco Wessel wrote:

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 04:47:35PM -0200, Josenildo Marques wrote:

Your printer can't handle PostScript. You'll need to select your printer model or a compatible one from the list.

Marco

Thanks, again, Marco.
It's an Epson Styllus Colour 580.
I am wondering if there is a way to save this setting so that I won't need to do that every time I want to print something.

Thanks.

JM --

Marco Wessel
2003-12-22 01:53:35 UTC (over 20 years ago)

printing

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 08:16:47PM -0200, Josenildo Marques wrote:

Thanks, again, Marco.
It's an Epson Styllus Colour 580.
I am wondering if there is a way to save this setting so that I won't need to do that every time I want to print something.

I'm fairly sure it can. I can't tell you how though -- I don't need to print from GIMP, and if I would, I have a postscript-capable printer ;)

Marco

Alf C Stockton
2003-12-23 06:24:05 UTC (over 20 years ago)

printing

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003, Josenildo Marques wrote:

I had exactly the same problem until I went into the printer setup and altered the "PostScript Level 2" to my "Epson C60". Now it prints fine. Right click in the image and select file->Print and the in Printer Settings selct "Setup Printer" and select your make and model of printer. Don't forget to save your settings else it will default back to "PostScript Level 2"......:-)

---

Regards, Alf Stockton www.stockton.co.za

Baker's First Law of Federal Geometry: A block grant is a solid mass of money surrounded on all sides by governors.

Khiraly
2003-12-24 01:36:36 UTC (over 20 years ago)

printing

Hi!

And why the PostScript Level 2 output can't read with GV (or GS) ? The output of latex document(and even if I print form OO.org into file, with the ,,Generic Printer'' it can be read with gv and and naturaly print to my EpsonC70|HP LaserJet 4L)

Here is the output of gs:

lama@khiraly:~$ gs essai.ps GNU Ghostscript 7.07 (2003-05-17)
Copyright (C) 2003 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA. All rights reserved. This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details. Error: /undefined in 0,728
Operand stack:

Execution stack: %interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
--dict:1060/1123(ro)(G)-- --dict:0/20(G)-- --dict:68/200(L)-- Current allocation mode is local
Current file position is 385
GNU Ghostscript 7.07: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1 lama@khiraly:~$

So, how can I print into file, which work with ghostScript?

Thx in advance, Khiraly

2003-12-23, k keltezéssel 06:24-kor Alf C Stockton ezt írta:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003, Josenildo Marques wrote:

I had exactly the same problem until I went into the printer setup and altered the "PostScript Level 2" to my "Epson C60". Now it prints fine. Right click in the image and select file->Print and the in Printer Settings selct "Setup Printer" and select your make and model of printer. Don't forget to save your settings else it will default back to "PostScript Level 2"......:-)

---

Regards, Alf Stockton www.stockton.co.za