RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

setting desktop path

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

setting desktop path Bob Lockie 25 Nov 21:35
  setting desktop path Sven Neumann 25 Nov 22:34
   setting desktop path <petri.kanerva@surfeu.fi> 26 Nov 05:35
  setting desktop path David Neary 25 Nov 22:36
Bob Lockie
2003-11-25 21:35:13 UTC (over 20 years ago)

setting desktop path

The "Desktop" button on the file dialog goes to "gnome-desktop" and I'm not using gnome so I would like to be able to change this.

Sven Neumann
2003-11-25 22:34:40 UTC (over 20 years ago)

setting desktop path

Hi,

Bob Lockie writes:

The "Desktop" button on the file dialog goes to "gnome-desktop" and I'm not using gnome so I would like to be able to change this.

The "Desktop" button the file selector is an addition hacked onto the GTK+ file selector. Ximian came up with this first, Debian seems to have adapted something similar. It's the GTK+ library you are using that provides this feature. It is completely not under control of The GIMP.

The file selector will change in GTK+-2.4 so you can expect that GIMP-2.2 will use that new file chooser widget. It is supposed to have customizable bookmarks so you will be able to change the Desktop location then.

Sven

David Neary
2003-11-25 22:36:34 UTC (over 20 years ago)

setting desktop path

Bob Lockie wrote:

I believe that as of GNOME 2.4 and KDE 3.0, the desktops are in agreement about where to put desktop files, so this should be the same directory for both now.

Dave.

<petri.kanerva@surfeu.fi>
2003-11-26 05:35:27 UTC (over 20 years ago)

setting desktop path

The file selector will change in GTK+-2.4 so you can expect that GIMP-2.2 will use that new file chooser widget. It is supposed to have customizable bookmarks so you will be able to change the Desktop location then.

There is a patch for GTK+2.2 to get bookmarks and somewhat better filechooser. Don't have the url here, but if there is interest, can mail it later. I've used it for a couple of months with no problem's, so I say it's safe.

Petri