RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Multi-Page Banner (i.e. one image printed to multiple physical pages)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Multi-Page Banner (i.e. one image printed to multiple physical pages) Allan Wind 05 Sep 05:54
  Multi-Page Banner (i.e. one image printed to multiple physical pages) Joao S. O. Bueno 07 Sep 04:57
Allan Wind
2003-09-05 05:54:40 UTC (over 20 years ago)

I was trying (on Debian/Linux) to create a multi-page banner, you know ~2000 px letters running over multiple physical pages, however gimp seem to scale my page down to the media size (letter). Any ideas how to pull this one off without resorting to splitting things manually?

/Allan

Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-09-07 04:57:32 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Em Sex 05 Set 2003 12:54 AM, Allan Wind escreveu:

[Gimp-user] Multi-Page Banner (i.e. one image printed to multiple physical pages) Date: Yesterday 12:54:40 am From: allanwind@lifeintegrity.com (Allan Wind) To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu

Message was signed with unknown key. The validity of the signature cannot be verified. Problem: OpenPGP plug-in was not specified. Use the 'Settings->Configure KMail->Security' dialog to specify the plug-in or ask your system administrator to do that for you.

I was trying (on Debian/Linux) to create a multi-page banner, you know ~2000 px letters running over multiple physical pages, however gimp seem to scale my page down to the media size (letter). Any ideas how to pull this one off without resorting to splitting things manually?

Try this, if avaliable:

Save your image in the GIMP, open it in Open Office, by inserting it on an empty Open Office drawing document. (insert->graphics). Zoom out, and scale your image up to the desired size. On open office print dialog box, click on the options button at the lower left corner. There is an option to tile the image.

Good printing. I hope we can see tiled printing on the GIMP anytime soon. I don't know if it is ont he enhacement requests, is it?

Regards,

JS ->

/Allan