RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp interface streamlining

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

200309030249.40951.gwidion@... 07 Oct 20:15
  Gimp interface streamlining Sven Neumann 05 Sep 03:50
1062439763.7263.15.camel@za... 07 Oct 20:15
Sven Neumann
2003-09-05 03:50:05 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Gimp interface streamlining

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno" writes:

In the GIMP, while it is not possible to make such a ssue to the right mouse button, there could, and IMO should, be a fast keystroke (mnemonic?) to swap BG and FG. It is great for a couple of fancy effects to be able to quicly switch between fg/bg without moving the cursor.

Swapping FG/BG is per default bound to X (has been in 1.2 already). This is indeed an essential keybinding.

Youa re late on this. It´s possible for one to dinamically assing hot keys to anything on the GIMP menus. Just go for it...hover the cursor over your menu option, and press the hotkey you wnat there. This, IMO is what make the GIMP more dinamically than Photshop and clones band, as I mentioned above.

I am sorry but I don't think you cannot assign keybindings to the layer or paint mode menus.

Sven