RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

[Suggestion] Windows .lnk shortcuts

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

[Suggestion] Windows .lnk shortcuts ICMP Request 10 Jul 11:03
  [Suggestion] Windows .lnk shortcuts Tor Lillqvist 10 Jul 11:18
ICMP Request
2007-07-10 11:03:17 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hello guys! Gimp is a GREAT program, not only for Linux but also for Windows, and I'm loving it. However I have a suggestion:

Sometimes on Windows Explorer I create the windows version of "Symbolic Links", the Shortcuts, which are redirects to, e.g., another folder. So if I have e.g. C:\Test\Gimp, "Gimp" can be a shortcut to something like D:\Gimp . Windows Explorer makes it as an .lnk file. However, Gimp does not recognize it when using the open/save menu and say it's an "invalid file" rather than following the shortcut to its destination folder. Although I have to recognize that it's a very low priority issue, could be nice to see it implemented on new versions.

Regards,

Tor Lillqvist
2007-07-10 11:18:55 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

ICMP Request writes:
> Although I have to recognize that it's a very low priority issue, could > be nice to see it implemented on new versions.

Thanks for the suggestion. This problem is already reported in our bug tracking system. See http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=163544 . It will be fixed eventually.

--tml