RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Mouse problems using Wacom tablets (was 2.3.18 deletes exif...)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mailman.73194.1182692141.16... 07 Oct 20:25
  Mouse problems using Wacom tablets (was 2.3.18 deletes exif...) Guillermo Espertino 24 Jun 20:52
mailman.3.1182711603.17040.... 07 Oct 20:25
  Mouse problems using Wacom tablets (was 2.3.18 deletes exif...) Luis A. Florit 26 Jun 02:28
Guillermo Espertino
2007-06-24 20:52:58 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

For a long time, nothing has changed in GIMP with respect to XInput devices. So the fact that an upgrade introduced this problem seems to be a strong indication that the problem is elsewhere.

I have similar problems using a Genius tablet. Once I used the pen, mouse is no longer detected in the canvas. But I think is a GTK+xorg issue and not Gimp's one, because the same seems to happen in Inkscape.
Luis, you should try with inkscape as well (remember to activate the tablet as an input device).
Besides of that, the device driver for my Genius tablet seems to be completely broken for GTK apps under Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (it worked in the previous version).
I think it's a GTK problem and not Xorg's one, because MyPaint works fine, but gimp and inkscape don't.

Luis A. Florit
2007-06-26 02:28:00 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

For a long time, nothing has changed in GIMP with respect to XInput devices. So the fact that an upgrade introduced this problem seems to be a strong indication that the problem is elsewhere.

I have similar problems using a Genius tablet. Once I used the pen, mouse is no longer detected in the canvas. But I think is a GTK+xorg issue and not Gimp's one, because the same seems to happen in Inkscape.
Luis, you should try with inkscape as well (remember to activate the tablet as an input device).
Besides of that, the device driver for my Genius tablet seems to be completely broken for GTK apps under Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (it worked in the previous version).
I think it's a GTK problem and not Xorg's one, because MyPaint works fine, but gimp and inkscape don't.

I tried to install Inkscape Fedora RPM, but for some reason the last repository version seems highly broken (at least with my package setup). I should compile it by myself when I have some time (lots of libraries and dependencies).

Anyway, your problem description is EXACTLY mine. Did you try disabling the eraser (not the stylus)? In that way, the mouse works (but not the eraser, of course). You should move the stylus to 'activate' the mouse. Is this also the behavior in Inkscape?

Thanks,

L.