RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

./configure doesn't recognize libexif

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

./configure doesn't recognize libexif Richard Hirner 21 Jun 13:21
  ./configure doesn't recognize libexif Mukund Sivaraman 21 Jun 13:24
   ./configure doesn't recognize libexif Richard Hirner 21 Jun 13:30
   ./configure doesn't recognize libexif Michael Schumacher 21 Jun 14:31
    ./configure doesn't recognize libexif Sven Neumann 21 Jun 21:10
Richard Hirner
2007-06-21 13:21:47 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi,

I tried to compile the latest GIMP version from the SVN trunk. My problem: the ./configure script (called from autogen.sh) doesn't recognize libexif although the libexif-dev and libexif-gtk-dev packages are installed and the headers and libs are indeed present:

user@ubuntu:~/tmp$ ls /usr/include/libexif exif-byte-order.h exif-entry.h exif-log.h exif-utils.h exif-content.h exif-format.h exif-mem.h _stdint.h exif-data.h exif-ifd.h exif-mnote-data.h exif-data-type.h exif-loader.h exif-tag.h user@ubuntu:~/tmp$ ls /usr/include/libexif-gtk/ gtk-exif-browser.h gtk-exif-entry.h gtk-exif-content-list.h gtk-exif-entry-number.h gtk-exif-entry-ascii.h gtk-exif-entry-option.h gtk-exif-entry-copyright.h gtk-exif-entry-rational.h gtk-exif-entry-date.h gtk-exif-entry-resolution.h gtk-exif-entry-flash.h gtk-exif-entry-user-comment.h gtk-exif-entry-generic.h gtk-exif-entry-version.h

... ./configure output ... Plug-In Features:
EXIF support: no (libexif not found) ...

Mukund Sivaraman
2007-06-21 13:24:57 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi Richard

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 11:21:47AM +0000, Richard Hirner wrote:

Hi,

I tried to compile the latest GIMP version from the SVN trunk. My problem: the ./configure script (called from autogen.sh) doesn't recognize libexif although the libexif-dev and libexif-gtk-dev packages are installed and the headers and libs are indeed present:

You need at least libexif 0.6.15.

Kind regards,

Mukund

Richard Hirner
2007-06-21 13:30:14 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 04:54:57PM +0530, Mukund Sivaraman wrote:

Ok thanks, that solves the problem. I have libexif 0.6.13 which is shipped with Ubuntu 7.04.

Michael Schumacher
2007-06-21 14:31:14 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Von: Mukund Sivaraman

The summary should indicate this - use "too old" rather than "not found".

Michael

Sven Neumann
2007-06-21 21:10:21 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 14:31 +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:

Von: Mukund Sivaraman

The summary should indicate this - use "too old" rather than "not found".

It could do that. But there is already informative output when the test for libexif is run. It would be quite some effort to change all tests in configure to put that information into the summary. Quite error-prone and IMO not worth the effort. People compiling GIMP should examine the configure output.

Sven