RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

how to

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

4652A793.000142.01080@bj126... heishuijing_2222@126.com 22 May 10:19
  how to Tor Lillqvist 22 May 11:13
4652D270.0000A5.31516@bj126... 07 Oct 20:25
  how to Tor Lillqvist 22 May 14:06
Tor Lillqvist
2007-05-22 11:13:21 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

how to

> I am a newbie to GIMP. I have downloaded gimp-2.2.13.tar.gz, but I > have a problem now. I don't know how to compile it in WindowsXP.

Are you really sure you want to?

Have you built any non-trivial Open Source software on Windows (or on Linux even) earlier? (Just running "./configure && make install" on Linux without understanding what is happening doesn't count.) If not, don't start with GIMP...

--tml

Tor Lillqvist
2007-05-22 14:06:50 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

how to

(Let's keep this discussion on the gimp-developer list. In general, please don't reply privately to messages sent to a mailing list. At least in Open Source circles that is commonly considered rude. The purpose of public mailing lists is to keep the discussion open and archived.)

> I am a newbie,and I haven't used Linux. But now I want to study > GIMP in Windows.

Do you just want to study (read) the source code? Well, you already have it... Or do you want to work on implementing some changes or fixes to GIMP?

> I really want a project which works as GIMP in Windows.

Hmm, what do you mean with this? Do you want to create a competing application? Hopefully you aren't planning to use GIMP source code in a way that is against its license?

> What should I do?

You can start by describing what programming background you have. It's impossible to know what kind of advice you need without knowing that... What programming environments are you used to? What programming languages have you used? For how many years?

--tml