RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Rule of thirds

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 9 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Rule of thirds Eduardo E. Silva 12 May 17:55
  Rule of thirds Alexandre Prokoudine 12 May 18:02
   Rule of thirds Eduardo E. Silva 13 May 01:48
  Rule of thirds Michael Natterer 12 May 18:36
   Rule of thirds Michael Schumacher 12 May 19:33
   Rule of thirds Alexandre Prokoudine 12 May 19:56
  Rule of thirds Brendan 13 May 03:17
1643.172.16.200.240.1179013... 07 Oct 20:25
  Rule of thirds Michael Natterer 13 May 20:46
Eduardo E. Silva
2007-05-12 17:55:55 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Rule of thirds

It looks like the crop tool is work in progress (WIP). I would like to suggest that it includes the rule of thirds in the windows it gets created (marching ants). This facilitates fixing composition flaws in photos.

Thanks,

ED SILVA
Silvex Consulting Inc.
esilva@silvex.com
(714)
504-6870 Cell
(714) 908-1730 eFax

The information contained in this email is confidential, intended solely for the addressee, and may be legally privileged. Access to this email by other persons is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Alexandre Prokoudine
2007-05-12 18:02:27 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Rule of thirds

2007/5/12, Eduardo E. Silva wrote:

It looks like the crop tool is work in progress (WIP). I would like to suggest that it includes the rule of thirds in the windows it gets created

Which it already does :)

Alexandre

Michael Natterer
2007-05-12 18:36:29 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Rule of thirds

Sorry, we are unable to read your mail because it's confidential. Please stop using such silly disclaimers when posting to public mailing lists.

Thanks,
--mitch

On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 08:55 -0700, Eduardo E. Silva wrote:

It looks like the crop tool is work in progress (WIP). I would like to suggest that it includes the rule of thirds in the windows it gets created (marching ants). This facilitates fixing composition flaws in photos.

Michael Schumacher
2007-05-12 19:33:28 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Rule of thirds

Michael Natterer wrote:

Sorry, we are unable to read your mail because it's confidential. Please stop using such silly disclaimers when posting to public mailing lists.

Maybe the list server should just do as told in such cases - delete mails and not forward them?

SCNR, Michael

Alexandre Prokoudine
2007-05-12 19:56:39 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Rule of thirds

2007/5/12, Michael Natterer wrote:

You are most likely telling it to a mail server which automagically adds disclaimers. If you wanted to talk to a particular user, you possibly wanted to tell him to use some other e-mail address ;-)

Alexandre

Eduardo E. Silva
2007-05-13 01:48:50 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Rule of thirds

DUH! 

I have been trying to compile it on a FC5, but no cigar  -- complain about glib and gtk+. Will do later on my FC6 laptop.

Thanks,

ED SILVA Silvex
Consulting Inc.
esilva@silvex.com
(714) 504-6870
Cell
(714) 908-1730 eFax

The information contained in this email is confidential, intended solely for the addressee, and may be legally privileged. Access to this email by other persons is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

2007/5/12,

Eduardo E. Silva wrote:

It looks like the crop tool is work

in progress (WIP). I would like to

suggest that it includes

the rule of thirds in the windows it gets

created

Which it already does :)

Alexandre

Gimp-developer mailing list

Gimp-developer@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU

https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer

Brendan
2007-05-13 03:17:21 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Rule of thirds

On Saturday 12 May 2007, Eduardo E. Silva wrote:

I think this is a great idea. Perhaps there could also be an option in "View Grid" that gives the 9 control points, etc.

Michael Natterer
2007-05-13 20:46:43 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Rule of thirds

On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 16:44 -0700, Eduardo E. Silva wrote:

Is that supposed to be funny or amusing or what ? I will include my disclaimer on all my posting, unless is not legal in the united states.

No this is not funny at all and too bad it's not illegal. Such disclaimers simply are stupid beyond belief. Stop using them or stop posting to public mailing lists.

Thanks,

ED SILVA
Silvex Consulting Inc.
esilva@silvex.com
(714) 504-6870 Cell
(714) 908-1730 eFax

Michael Natterer wrote:

Thanks,
--mitch

On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 08:55 -0700, Eduardo E. Silva wrote:

It looks like the crop tool is work in progress (WIP). I would like

to

suggest that it includes the rule of thirds in the windows it gets created (marching ants). This facilitates fixing composition flaws

in

photos.

Thanks,

EDSILVA
Silvex Consulting Inc.
esilva@silvex.com
(714) 504-6870 Cell
(714) 908-1730 eFax

The information contained in this email is confidential, intended solely for the addressee, and may be legally privileged. Access to this email by other persons is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is

prohibited

and may be unlawful.

_______________________________________________ Gimp-developer mailing list
Gimp-developer@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer