RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

how to call gimp procedure from text terminal ?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

how to call gimp procedure from text terminal ? stu seven 24 Apr 02:02
  how to call gimp procedure from text terminal ? Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 24 Apr 05:21
   how to call gimp procedure from text terminal ? David Hodson 24 Apr 09:47
stu seven
2007-04-24 02:02:22 UTC (about 17 years ago)

+ I asked this on the google group, but with no answer yet...

How can a menu item or gimp procedure be called from a text terminal, with a graphical gimp session already running ?

I know that, using a function name, and parameters, this can be done in batch mode, for instance... however, all Im looking for is to "remotely" open the function dialog, via the text terminal.

Is this possible... or... some other way of opening the menu item dialog besides clicking on it ?

thanks

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2007-04-24 05:21:34 UTC (about 17 years ago)

On Monday 23 April 2007 21:02, stu seven wrote:

+ I asked this on the google group, but with no answer yet...

How can a menu item or gimp procedure be called from a text terminal, with a graphical gimp session already running ?

I know that, using a function name, and parameters, this can be done in batch mode, for instance... however, all Im looking for is to "remotely" open the function dialog, via the text terminal.

Is this possible... or... some other way of opening the menu item dialog besides clicking on it ?

Such a terminal would have to be done from within GIMP.

The easiest way I can think of doingthis is writing a python plug-in that will listen to a socket and execute what you type in there once you connect to that socket.

thanks

David Hodson
2007-04-24 09:47:16 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

On Monday 23 April 2007 21:02, stu seven wrote:

The easiest way I can think of doingthis is writing a python plug-in that will listen to a socket and execute what you type in there once you connect to that socket.

Also, you can call a gimp function from a plugin, but (AFAIK) you cannot open the function dialog. Your plugin needs to build its own user interface. (There's probably a feature request somewhere for this.)