RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Panorama Previewer plug-in

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Panorama Previewer plug-in Leon Moctezuma 08 Apr 18:40
  Panorama Previewer plug-in Michael Schumacher 13 Apr 21:57
   Panorama Previewer plug-in Leon Moctezuma 13 Apr 22:30
    Panorama Previewer plug-in Sven Neumann 16 Apr 08:42
Leon Moctezuma
2007-04-08 18:40:30 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hi I'm an student applying for Google Summer of Code, my mentor organization is hugin/panotools, if I'm accepted I will be working in FreePV a panoramic
viewer, which only has at this moment a stand alone and mozilla plug-in implementation (OpenGL/C++), we are looking to make of FreePV something unique and we wonder if it's posible to write a panorama previewer using libgimp.

Michael Schumacher
2007-04-13 21:57:14 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Leon Moctezuma wrote:

Hi I'm an student applying for Google Summer of Code,

Hi Leon,

I did notice (at http://code.google.com/soc/pano/about.html) that you got accepted for GSoC - congrats and best wishes for success.

we are looking to make of FreePV something unique and we wonder if it's posible to write a panorama previewer using libgimp.

libgimp is supposed to be used by GIMP plugins - you can't use it in a different program to get GIMP's capabilities added to this.

But maybe you didn't want to do this and want to create a GIMP plug-in or make it possible for FreePV to be run as a plug-in, like for example it is possible with XSane?

Regards, Michael

Leon Moctezuma
2007-04-13 22:30:12 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Michael Schumacher wrote:

I did notice (at http://code.google.com/soc/pano/about.html) that you got accepted for GSoC - congrats and best wishes for success.

Thanks Michael, I'm very excited with this project and I'll do anything to make it success

But maybe you didn't want to do this and want to create a GIMP plug-in

or make it possible for FreePV to be run as a plug-in, like for example it is possible with XSane?

Yes, I want to make it run as a plug-in, the actual implementation of freepv uses OpenGL and if I'm not wrong I can use gtk+ to render with OpenGL..

How can I make it run as a plug-in...? I want to use the image in the workspace
of gimp to build the panorama in OpenGL to preview the final result Do you have any article or reference? where I can read about this?

Regards Leon

Sven Neumann
2007-04-16 08:42:32 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 15:30 -0500, Leon Moctezuma wrote:

How can I make it run as a plug-in...?

developer.gimp.org has pointers to tutorials and to the API reference manual. The gimp source code contains more than hundred plug-ins that can be used as code examples.

Since you want to use OpenGL, you will also want to look at gtkglext (http://www.k-3d.org/gtkglext/Main_Page)

Sven