RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Brush sizing

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Brush sizing Van Aarde Krynauw 16 Mar 14:16
  Brush sizing Michael Natterer 16 Mar 14:51
Van Aarde Krynauw
2007-03-16 14:16:31 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Brush sizing

Greetings,

I'm glad to see that GIMP is incorporating a brush scaling mechanism. I've been waiting for a long time for something like this! Although, it would be nice if the brush can scale up and down, instead of simply scaling down. This is something that I use quite a lot when painting. The current workaround for this problem I use is to use dynamic brushes and increase and decrease the radius with key bindings. The only drawback is that this works only dynamic brushes. Sometimes a would like to do the same for a bitmap brush (which can now be done via scaling).

So, in short. Could you guys have the brushes scale up as well?

Thanks for the fabulous work so far!

As a side note: How about a separate mailing list for feature requests or where would you prefer feature requests go?

Regards, Van Aarde.

Michael Natterer
2007-03-16 14:51:10 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Brush sizing

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 15:16 +0200, Van Aarde Krynauw wrote:

Greetings,

I'm glad to see that GIMP is incorporating a brush scaling mechanism. I've been waiting for a long time for something like this! Although, it would be nice if the brush can scale up and down, instead of simply scaling down. This is something that I use quite a lot when painting. The current workaround for this problem I use is to use dynamic brushes and increase and decrease the radius with key bindings. The only drawback is that this works only dynamic brushes. Sometimes a would like to do the same for a bitmap brush (which can now be done via scaling).

So, in short. Could you guys have the brushes scale up as well?

It's already done and will be in the next development release.

Thanks for the fabulous work so far!

:-)

As a side note: How about a separate mailing list for feature requests or where would you prefer feature requests go?

Feature request go into bugzilla and are preferrably discussed on this mailing list first, to avoid cluttering bugzilla with weird requests and to avoid hiding the discussion there.

ciao, --mitch