RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Brush Scaling

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Brush Scaling jbaker 15 Mar 11:22
  Brush Scaling Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 15 Mar 18:57
   Brush Scaling jbaker 16 Mar 12:35
jbaker
2007-03-15 11:22:06 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Brush Scaling

Thanks for all the work on this one, it works great...

I was just curious if there are any plans add the ability to scale and rotate the standard brushes with python ? I did a quick search in the procedure browser but didn't see anything except the functions for the generated brushes...

thanks,

jerry

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2007-03-15 18:57:58 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Brush Scaling

On Thursday 15 March 2007 07:22, jbaker wrote:

I was just curious if there are any plans add the ability to scale and rotate the standard brushes with python ? I did a quick search in the procedure browser but didn't see anything except the functions for the generated brushes...

thanks,

no plans made - except for generated brushes (the ones you can create and edit from within the brush dialog).

But this is an area I am thinking about. (actually, mostly the pdb for brush stroking)

Please say a little more on what you are planning to do (the final effect).

Regards,

js
->

jerry

jbaker
2007-03-16 12:35:59 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Brush Scaling

Accessing the size and rotate settings through the pdb would be great, here is a lot of ways that I would end up using it...

I have a few scripts where I have needed to change rotation and size of a brush... What I've ended up doing is creating a new layer, paint one instance at x,y, and then resize it - rotate it - merge it down - It works but it's very, very time consuming when you have a script that does it several dozen times...

Multiple strokes on the same path or selection for sure... You could make some nice border scripts just by using different rotate, scale, and spacing settings with the same brush layered on top of each other...

anyway thanks again for everything so far, it is really appreciated... (I've been using it constantly)

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

On Thursday 15 March 2007 07:22, jbaker wrote:

thanks,

no plans made - except for generated brushes (the ones you can create and edit from within the brush dialog).

But this is an area I am thinking about. (actually, mostly the pdb for brush stroking)

Please say a little more on what you are planning to do (the final effect).

Regards,

js
->

jerry