RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

updating (and categorizing) authors.xml

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

updating (and categorizing) authors.xml Sven Neumann 01 Feb 09:50
Sven Neumann
2007-02-01 09:50:48 UTC (about 17 years ago)

updating (and categorizing) authors.xml

Hi,

there's one more thing that we need to get done before 2.4 and that's updating the list of contributors. As we have discussed last year at LGM, it would be a good idea to also introduce some way to differentiate between active and inactive contributors. Currently when users look at the About dialog they see a loooong list of authors and might get the impression that the GIMP project has plenty of active developers. We all know that this is not true.

I would like to propose that we add some sort of attribute in the authors.xml file to mark active contributors (perhaps active="yes", or last-active="2.4"). I propose that we define a contributor as active if she has done a substantial contribution in the last development cycle.

The AUTHORS file in the source tree should probably continue to list all authors, perhaps categorized into active and inactive. But I would like the About dialog in 2.4 to display only active contributors. Does that sound reasonable?

Do we have a volunteer for updating the list of contributors?

Sven