RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Successfull compile, will not run

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Successfull compile, will not run Milos Prudek 27 Nov 13:43
  Successfull compile, will not run Simon Budig 27 Nov 16:43
   Successfull compile, will not run Michael Natterer 27 Nov 16:51
    Successfull compile, will not run Milos Prudek 27 Nov 21:15
Milos Prudek
2006-11-27 13:43:05 UTC (over 17 years ago)

After successfully compiling gimp-2.3.13, on Mandriva 2007.0, Gimp fails to run with this error message:

/usr/local/bin/gimp-2.3: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/bin/gimp-2.3: undefined symbol: gimp_vectors_stroke_type_get_type

Should I file a bug report?

Simon Budig
2006-11-27 16:43:07 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Milos Prudek (prudek@bvx.cz) wrote:

After successfully compiling gimp-2.3.13, on Mandriva 2007.0, Gimp fails to run with this error message:

/usr/local/bin/gimp-2.3: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/bin/gimp-2.3: undefined symbol: gimp_vectors_stroke_type_get_type

Please try 'ldd /usr/local/bin/gimp-2.3' first to verify that gimp does pick up the correct libraries on startup. I suspect a broken installation here.

Bye,
Simon

Michael Natterer
2006-11-27 16:51:26 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 16:43 +0100, Simon Budig wrote:

Milos Prudek (prudek@bvx.cz) wrote:

Please try 'ldd /usr/local/bin/gimp-2.3' first to verify that gimp does pick up the correct libraries on startup. I suspect a broken installation here.

And note that you can *not* have gimp 2.2 in /usr and gimp 2.3 in /usr/local. 2.3 is supposed to replace 2.2, and /usr/local is *not* a totally separate prefix.

Use something like /opt or get rid of gimp 2.2 in /usr

ciao, --mitch

Milos Prudek
2006-11-27 21:15:24 UTC (over 17 years ago)

And note that you can *not* have gimp 2.2 in /usr and gimp 2.3 in /usr/local. 2.3 is supposed to replace 2.2, and /usr/local

Your advice helped. Gimp starts. Thank you.

But the UI is in English, even though my enviro variables are set for Czech. Has Czech been disabled for this dev version?