RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Intro and a CVS question

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Intro and a CVS question Chris Mohler 23 Nov 20:00
  Intro and a CVS question Sven Neumann 23 Nov 20:23
  Intro and a CVS question Raphaël Quinet 23 Nov 20:23
   Intro and a CVS question Chris Mohler 23 Nov 20:55
Chris Mohler
2006-11-23 20:00:32 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Intro and a CVS question

Hi - My name is Chris Mohler. I'm not a hard-core programmer, but have some experience with C and Python. I've recently set about to assembling a prepress environment with OSS tools. Of course GIMP is a cornerstone of the project, so I'd like to become more involved with GIMP development.

What release should I be checking out of CVS? Or stated another way - on various bug entries, I see "please create a patch against current CVS". Is current CVS gimp-2-2?

Sorry if this is a dumb question!

Chris

Sven Neumann
2006-11-23 20:23:05 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Intro and a CVS question

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 13:00 -0600, Chris Mohler wrote:

Hi - My name is Chris Mohler. I'm not a hard-core programmer, but have some experience with C and Python. I've recently set about to assembling a prepress environment with OSS tools. Of course GIMP is a cornerstone of the project, so I'd like to become more involved with GIMP development.

What release should I be checking out of CVS? Or stated another way - on various bug entries, I see "please create a patch against current CVS". Is current CVS gimp-2-2?

Just check out the HEAD branch. That is, do not specify any particular branch. That will get you the development branch which is where gimp 2.3 releases are made from occasionally. We also maintain a stable branch, labelled gimp-2-2. That's where stable gimp 2.2 releases are being made from. If you want to get a patch into GIMP, it will almost always first have to go into the HEAD branch.

Sven

Raphaël Quinet
2006-11-23 20:23:10 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Intro and a CVS question

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:00:32 -0600, "Chris Mohler" wrote:

If no specific branch is mentioned, "current CVS" usually means the HEAD branch. This is what you get if you just do a cvs checkout without specifying a revision or branch (i.e., no option like "-r gimp-N-N").

-Raphaël

Chris Mohler
2006-11-23 20:55:06 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Intro and a CVS question

If no specific branch is mentioned, "current CVS" usually means the HEAD branch. This is what you get if you just do a cvs checkout without specifying a revision or branch (i.e., no option like "-r gimp-N-N").

-Raphaël

OK - thanks!

Chris