RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to Submit Fixes and Enhancements?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to Submit Fixes and Enhancements? Kevin Myers 13 Jan 23:06
  How to Submit Fixes and Enhancements? Nathan Carl Summers 13 Jan 23:16
How to Submit Fixes and Enhancements? Kevin Myers 13 Jan 23:19
  How to Submit Fixes and Enhancements? Sven Neumann 13 Jan 23:31
Kevin Myers
2003-01-13 23:06:59 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hi folks,

I have a few simple enhancements bug fixes that I would like to provide for the GIMP, and I'm working with it enough that I anticipate more to come. How is the best way for me to provide these changes? I've briefly checked into using CVS, but I can't figure out how to get a user ID and password for the real GIMP development CVS server (not the anonymous mirror).

Thanks, s/KAM

Nathan Carl Summers
2003-01-13 23:16:50 UTC (over 21 years ago)

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Kevin Myers wrote:

Hi folks,

I have a few simple enhancements bug fixes that I would like to provide for the GIMP, and I'm working with it enough that I anticipate more to come. How is the best way for me to provide these changes? I've briefly checked into using CVS, but I can't figure out how to get a user ID and password for the real GIMP development CVS server (not the anonymous mirror).

The prefered way to submit patches is through attachments to bugs filed in bugzilla (http://bugzilla.gimp.org).

If the maintainers like your work, they will arrange for you to get a cvs user ID and password.

Rockwalrus

Kevin Myers
2003-01-13 23:19:30 UTC (over 21 years ago)

OK, thanks! Just to confirm, are (relatively minor) enhancements handled the same way as bugs?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nathan Carl Summers"
To: "Kevin Myers"
Cc: "gimp developers"
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 4:16 PM Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] How to Submit Fixes and Enhancements?

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Kevin Myers wrote:

Hi folks,

I have a few simple enhancements bug fixes that I would like to provide

for

the GIMP, and I'm working with it enough that I anticipate more to come. How is the best way for me to provide these changes? I've briefly

checked

into using CVS, but I can't figure out how to get a user ID and password

for

the real GIMP development CVS server (not the anonymous mirror).

The prefered way to submit patches is through attachments to bugs filed in bugzilla (http://bugzilla.gimp.org).

If the maintainers like your work, they will arrange for you to get a cvs user ID and password.

Rockwalrus

Sven Neumann
2003-01-13 23:31:01 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hi,

"Kevin Myers" writes:

OK, thanks! Just to confirm, are (relatively minor) enhancements handled the same way as bugs?

Bugzilla takes enhancement requests as well. These are however generally only considered for inclusion in the HEAD branch so your patches should preferably be unified diffs against the HEAD branch in CVS.

Salut, Sven