RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp icons

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp icons Aseem Agarwala 13 Jan 21:24
  gimp icons Sven Neumann 13 Jan 22:02
  gimp icons Stephen J Baker 14 Jan 00:30
   gimp icons Sven Neumann 13 Jan 23:23
Aseem Agarwala
2003-01-13 21:24:03 UTC (over 21 years ago)

gimp icons

Hi, I'm a Ph.D. student at the University of Washington, and I'm developing a prototype of a new type of video painting tool. I'd like to steal some of Gimp's tool icons in it's main toolbar; I will of course respect the GPL and open-source my stuff if it ever comes to anything good.

But, I can't seem to find images for these icons in the source distribution. I've found the 'cursors' directory, but these are for the cursors, and the tool buttons themselves have slightly different images.

Could someone point me to these images?

Thanks alot, Aseem

Sven Neumann
2003-01-13 22:02:15 UTC (over 21 years ago)

gimp icons

Hi,

Aseem Agarwala writes:

Hi, I'm a Ph.D. student at the University of Washington, and I'm developing a prototype of a new type of video painting tool. I'd like to steal some of Gimp's tool icons in it's main toolbar; I will of course respect the GPL and open-source my stuff if it ever comes to anything good.

please make sure that you understnd the implications of using these icons. You won't get away with open-sourcing your stuff if it ever comes to anything good. You will have to give away the code licensed as GPL if you ever give your application to someone and he ask you for it.

But, I can't seem to find images for these icons in the source distribution. I've found the 'cursors' directory, but these are for the cursors, and the tool buttons themselves have slightly different images.

Which version of the gimp is the source tree you are looking at?

Salut, Sven

Sven Neumann
2003-01-13 23:23:07 UTC (over 21 years ago)

gimp icons

Hi,

"Stephen J Baker" writes:

Take a Screen dump/snapshot?
(GIMP will even do that for you!)

that won't give you transparent icons, at least not easily.

Salut, Sven

Stephen J Baker
2003-01-14 00:30:24 UTC (over 21 years ago)

gimp icons

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Aseem Agarwala wrote:

Take a Screen dump/snapshot?
(GIMP will even do that for you!)

---- Steve Baker (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail) L3Com/Link Simulation & Training (817)619-2466 (Fax) Work: sjbaker@link.com http://www.link.com Home: sjbaker1@airmail.net http://www.sjbaker.org