RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Error Running the CVS Gimp 1.3.x

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Error Running the CVS Gimp 1.3.x Shlomi Fish 17 Dec 10:34
yg1fzswaor4.fsf@convergence.de 07 Oct 20:21
  Error Running the CVS Gimp 1.3.x Shlomi Fish 17 Dec 13:21
Shlomi Fish
2002-12-17 10:34:44 UTC (over 21 years ago)

I checked out the GIMP source from the CVS and successfully compiled. (the checkout was done yesterday)

However, when I run it, I get the following errors on the screen and then it terminates:

<<<
MMX : yes
error parsing:
"/home/shlomi/apps/graphics/gimp-1.3.x-cvs/etc/gimp/1.3/gimprc" at line 171 column 33
unexpected token: medium
/home/shlomi/apps/graphics/gimp-1.3.x-cvs/bin/gimp: Can't open '/home/shlomi/apps/graphics/gimp-1.3.x-cvs/etc/gimp/1.3/gimprc' for reading.

LibGimp-ERROR **: could not find handler for message: 12 aborting...
/home/shlomi/apps/graphics/gimp-1.3.x-cvs/bin/gimp terminated: Aborted shlomi:~/Download/unpack/graphics/gimp-cvs/gimp# (tool-safe-mode:23181): LibGimp-WARNING **: tool-safe-mode: gimp_flush(): error: Broken pipe

What should I do to resolve this?

Regards,

Shlomi Fish

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Shlomi Fish shlomif@t2.technion.ac.il Home Page: http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/ Home E-mail: shlomif@iglu.org.il

"Let's suppose you have a table with 2^n cups..." "Wait a second - is n a natural number?"

Shlomi Fish
2002-12-17 13:21:38 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Well, it turned out that the fact I installed it on a directory where a very old version was already installed gave me troubles (after I resolved what you pointed to).

After I deleted the directory and ran "make install" again, everything was resolved. Thanks.

Regards,

Shlomi Fish

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Shlomi Fish shlomif@t2.technion.ac.il Home Page: http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/ Home E-mail: shlomif@iglu.org.il

"Let's suppose you have a table with 2^n cups..." "Wait a second - is n a natural number?"