RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Want to concatenate image files

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Want to concatenate image files Stephen Keegan 24 Oct 14:43
  Want to concatenate image files Branko Collin 24 Oct 15:16
   Want to concatenate image files Stephen Keegan 24 Oct 16:09
    Want to concatenate image files Sven Neumann 24 Oct 16:52
     Want to concatenate image files Stephen Keegan 24 Oct 17:17
Stephen Keegan
2002-10-24 14:43:52 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hi,

I would like to concatenate a series of image files. I have a set of small files that I want to join together into one big (gif) file. Can I do this with GIMP? Any help appreciated and please forgive my newbieness...

Stephen.

Branko Collin
2002-10-24 15:16:50 UTC (over 21 years ago)

On 24 Oct 2002, at 13:43, Stephen Keegan wrote:

I would like to concatenate a series of image files. I have a set of small files that I want to join together into one big (gif) file. Can I do this with GIMP? Any help appreciated and please forgive my newbieness...

If you want to make what's generally known as an animated GIF, you can load each image into its own layer, then just save. An export dialog will pop up asking you how you want the image to be saved.

--Boundary_(ID_8B0jmRtv3j4JUqfEG3nOCg) Content-type: application/ms-tnef; name=winmail.dat Content-transfer-encoding: BASE64
Content-disposition: attachment; filename=winmail.dat

eJ8+IjQMAQaQCAAEAAAAAAABAAEAAQeQBgAIAAAA5AQAAAAAAADoAAEIgAcAGAAA AElQTS5NaWNyb3NvZnQgTWFpbC5Ob3RlADEIAQ2ABAACAAAAAgACAAEGgAMADgAA

[lots of rubbish snipped]

What is this?

Stephen Keegan
2002-10-24 16:09:34 UTC (over 21 years ago)

sorry - maybe I didn't make myself clear... I've got a series of map images of a town and would like to join them up into one seamless map of the town... is it possible to automate this somehow? thanks..

-----Original Message----- From: Branko Collin [mailto:collin@xs4all.nl] Sent: 24 October 2002 14:17
To: Stephen Keegan; gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Want to concatenate image files

On 24 Oct 2002, at 13:43, Stephen Keegan wrote:

If you want to make what's generally known as an animated GIF, you can load each image into its own layer, then just save. An export dialog will pop up asking you how you want the image to be saved.

--Boundary_(ID_8B0jmRtv3j4JUqfEG3nOCg) Content-type: application/ms-tnef; name=winmail.dat Content-transfer-encoding: BASE64
Content-disposition: attachment; filename=winmail.dat

eJ8+IjQMAQaQCAAEAAAAAAABAAEAAQeQBgAIAAAA5AQAAAAAAADoAAEIgAcAGAAA AElQTS5NaWNyb3NvZnQgTWFpbC5Ob3RlADEIAQ2ABAACAAAAAgACAAEGgAMADgAA

[lots of rubbish snipped]

What is this?

-- branko collin
collin@xs4all.nl

Sven Neumann
2002-10-24 16:52:59 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hi,

Stephen Keegan writes:

sorry - maybe I didn't make myself clear... I've got a series of map images of a town and would like to join them up into one seamless map of the town... is it possible to automate this somehow? thanks..

what about using montage which comes with ImageMagick?

Salut, Sven

Stephen Keegan
2002-10-24 17:17:16 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Sven. Montage looks perfect - thanks alot! Stephen.

-----Original Message----- From: Sven Neumann [mailto:neo@bender.convergence.de]On Behalf Of Sven Neumann
Sent: 24 October 2002 15:53
To: Stephen Keegan
Cc: gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Want to concatenate image files

Hi,

Stephen Keegan writes:

sorry - maybe I didn't make myself clear... I've got a series of map

images

of a town and would like to join them up into one seamless map of the town... is it possible to automate this somehow? thanks..

what about using montage which comes with ImageMagick?

Salut, Sven