RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Fw: [Gimp-user] Directory for User-Defined Scripts

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Fw: [Gimp-user] Directory for User-Defined Scripts Kevin Myers 19 Oct 22:44
Fw: [Gimp-user] Directory for User-Defined Scripts Cameron Gregory 20 Oct 04:38
Kevin Myers
2002-10-19 22:44:20 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Sent this to gimp users but no response there, so thought I would try gimp-developers since this is script related. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin M.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Myers"
To: "gimp users"
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 1:22 PM Subject: [Gimp-user] Directory for User-Defined Scripts

Hello,

I'm using gimp 1.2.4 under Windoze 2K, and am about to embark upon

creating

some script-fu scripts. For plug-ins, there is a Directories->Plug-Ins setting in the gimp Preferences dialogue where you can specify the

directory

for user-defined scripts. Reading Mike Terry's web pages on script-fu, it appears that there ought to be a similar setting for scripts, but there isn't one as far as I can tell. How does the gimp know where to find user-defined scripts?

I would strongly prefer not to add my scripts to the gimp installation directory along with the install supplied scripts. Also, I would like for my scripts to be available to all users on my machine, rather than only to

a

specific user, so I would prefer to have my user-defined scripts directory under "\Documents and Settings\All Users", rather than under the subdirectory for the installing user which gimp appears to use by default.

Thanks in advance for any help.

s/KAM

Cameron Gregory
2002-10-20 04:38:51 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Looks like the script dir is missing from the preferences. Submit to bugzilla.

But, it's in ~/.gimp-1.2/scripts

so say on Windows2000, it would be

/Documents and Settings/cameron/.gimp-1.2/scripts

Once you install a script, you can do Xtns->Script-Fu->Refresh to reload the scripts without restarting gimp.

thanks,

Cameron

Kevin Myers wrote:

Sent this to gimp users but no response there, so thought I would try gimp-developers since this is script related. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin M.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Myers"
To: "gimp users"
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 1:22 PM Subject: [Gimp-user] Directory for User-Defined Scripts

Hello,

I'm using gimp 1.2.4 under Windoze 2K, and am about to embark upon

creating

some script-fu scripts. For plug-ins, there is a Directories->Plug-Ins setting in the gimp Preferences dialogue where you can specify the

directory

for user-defined scripts. Reading Mike Terry's web pages on script-fu, it appears that there ought to be a similar setting for scripts, but there isn't one as far as I can tell. How does the gimp know where to find user-defined scripts?

I would strongly prefer not to add my scripts to the gimp installation directory along with the install supplied scripts. Also, I would like for my scripts to be available to all users on my machine, rather than only to

a

specific user, so I would prefer to have my user-defined scripts directory under "\Documents and Settings\All Users", rather than under the subdirectory for the installing user which gimp appears to use by default.

Thanks in advance for any help.

s/KAM

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

_______________________________________________ Gimp-developer mailing list
Gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer