RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Adaptive Thresholding Plug-In

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Adaptive Thresholding Plug-In Kevin Myers 17 Oct 02:15
Kevin Myers
2002-10-17 02:15:25 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Adaptive Thresholding Plug-In

Hello,

Has anyone out there already written or come across a GIMP plug-in or script that is designed to do adaptive thresholding of an image?

I have a large number of extremely large scanned grayscale images that need to be converted to black and white. Problem is that the contrast and especially brightness of these images vary, not only between different images, but also over different areas of a single image. It is NOT adequate to choose a single threshold value that will work across all of these images, or even across the entire portion of a single image.

I've tried using the Adaptive Contrast plug-in as a preprocessor step to thresholding, but that plug-in doesn't seem to be giving me the appropriate level of contrast boost and brightness shift that would be needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! s/KAM