RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Submitting a GIMP Plug-in

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Submitting a GIMP Plug-in Kevin Myers 17 Oct 02:04
Kevin Myers
2002-10-17 02:04:35 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Submitting a GIMP Plug-in

Hello,

I've just finished adding the simple UI to my first GIMP plug-in, and believe that it is now ready for public evaluation, bug reports, comments, etc.

The plug-in crops an image by detecting a border that lies within a specified range of threshold intensity levels. It is particularly useful for automatically cropping the borders from scanned images where there may be significant variations in the intensity levels of the border colors, rather than only a single color value.

I've added my plug-in to the gimp registry, though I ran into a bug in one of the web pages that prevented me from providing all of the component files, source, Windows executable, and html help pages.

I think that this plug-in would perhaps be of enough general use and utility to warrant adding it to the normal GIMP distribution. What process is required to make that happen?

Thanks, s/KAM