RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

unsubscribe me

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

unsubscribe me prabin 16 Oct 19:20
20021013190105.4D8521F07E@l... 07 Oct 20:21
prabin
2002-10-16 19:20:24 UTC (over 21 years ago)

unsubscribe me

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2002 12:01 PM Subject: Gimp-developer digest, Vol 1 #356 - 2 msgs

Send Gimp-developer mailing list submissions to gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to gimp-developer-request@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu

You can reach the person managing the list at gimp-developer-admin@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Gimp-developer digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. ANNOUNCE: Gimp-Print 4.2.3-pre2 (Robert L Krawitz) 2. 16 bit gray images not handled properly (rob)

--__--__--

Message: 1 Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 20:39:07 -0400 From: Robert L Krawitz
To: gimp-print-devel@sourceforge.net, gimp-print-announce@sourceforge.net, gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: [Gimp-developer] ANNOUNCE: Gimp-Print 4.2.3-pre2

Gimp-Print 4.2.3-pre2, released October 12, 2002, is a prerelease in the Gimp-Print 4.2 series (it is not actually 4.2.3).

Gimp-Print is a suite of printer drivers that may be used with most common UNIX print spooling systems, including CUPS, lpr, LPRng, or others. These drivers provide high quality printing for UNIX (including Macintosh OS X 10.2 and newer) and Linux systems in many cases equal to or better than proprietary vendor-supplied drivers, and can be used for many of the most demanding printing tasks.

This software includes the Print plug-in for the Gimp, and GhostScript and CUPS drivers, including Foomatic data.

The Gimp Print plugin requires the Gimp 1.2.

The CUPS driver requires CUPS 1.1.9 or higher. 1.1.14 or above is highly recommended, as certain translation-related bugs are fixed and it is possible to print true CMYK.

The Ghostscript driver requires GNU Ghostscript 5.10, 5.50, 6.51, or any later GNU Ghostscript release based on 6.51 (e. g. 6.52). It may also be used with GNU Ghostscript 7.05, or with ESP Ghostscript 7.05.

The IJS GhostScript plugin driver requires GNU Ghostscript 6.53 or later, ESP Ghostscript 7.05 or later, or APFL GhostScript 7.04 or later.

Users of Macintosh OS X 10.2 and above can use this package, as the printing system is based on CUPS, which is supported by Gimp-print. Note that Macintosh OS X 10.0 and 10.1 (including 10.1.5) cannot use this package. We recommend that Macintosh OS X users download the precompiled installer package from http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net rather than attempt to build this package from source, as using the installer is much simpler. We further recommend that Macintosh OS X users install ESP GhostScript, to permit printing from Carbon applications (such as most Adobe applications) that generate PostScript rather than PDF output. Directions for that are also available at http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net.

Please read the README file for full instructions on installing this package.

Gimp-Print 4.2.3-pre2 contains the following changes and fixes over Gimp-Print 4.2.3-pre1:

1) A Japanese translation has been added.

2) Two bugs in the IJS driver have been fixed.

3) The change to the Epson Stylus 660 margins in 4.2.3-pre1 has been backed out; retesting demonstrated that the bug was in fact fixed in 4.2.2.

4) A reported problem with very large prints (A0 or B0 size) failing to print correctly on Stylus Pro printers is likely fixed.

Bugs fixed in this release:

597964 Epson 660 wrong margins 619992 IJS driver prints spurious first line 620016 IJS driver does not print properly in monochrome 621667 Very large prints on Epson 9500 fail

-- Robert Krawitz

Tall Clubs International -- http://www.tall.org/ or 1-888-IM-TALL-2 Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net Project lead for Gimp Print -- http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net

"Linux doesn't dictate how I work, I dictate how Linux works." --Eric Crampton

--__--__--

To: gimp devel
Date: 13 Oct 2002 19:06:09 +0100
Subject: [Gimp-developer] 16 bit gray images not handled properly

Hi,

I've found a couple of problems with the gimp using 16 bit gray images the first is that it can't open 16 bit gray pnms the second is more of problem in that saving as png silently converts them to 8 bit gray pngs.

This is with gimp-1.3.8 I couldn't spot any mention of this in bugzilla but I'm not really any good with it so I could have missed something.

--

rob

--__--__--