RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

perl-fu: saving parameters?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

perl-fu: saving parameters? larry@marso.com 07 Sep 03:21
  perl-fu: saving parameters? Marc Lehmann 07 Sep 22:07
   perl-fu: saving parameters? larry@marso.com 08 Sep 23:02
    perl-fu: saving parameters? Sven Neumann 09 Sep 21:05
larry@marso.com
2002-09-07 03:21:08 UTC (over 21 years ago)

I notice that perl-fu remembers (i) defaults and (ii) the last executed parameters, and that you can revert to the "prior" parameters.

Is there any way (a widget or otherwise) to store sets of parameters, perhaps giving them a name?

I have scripts that take wildly different parameters depending on the size and characteristics of the digital image. Right now the only way I know of to have perl-fu manage the parameters is to create multiple copies of the same script for each size/characteristic of digital image (and let perl-fu remember the parameters), or to move to a command line paradigm with shell language aliases remembering the parameters I'm looking for.

Best Regards,

lsm

Marc Lehmann
2002-09-07 22:07:39 UTC (over 21 years ago)

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 06:21:08PM -0700, larry@marso.com wrote:

Is there any way (a widget or otherwise) to store sets of parameters, perhaps giving them a name?

You can always write your own user interface (just like you'd do it from C plugins), possibly with the help from Gimp::UI. If you don't want to do that, you can load and store data using the Gimp::Data module, which does the serializing for you. You can also use parasites and attach various sets of parameters to the gimp, an image etc. (see examples/parasite-editor for an example).

larry@marso.com
2002-09-08 23:02:12 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Where is the best documentation on parasites?

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 10:07:39PM +0200, Marc Lehmann wrote:

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 06:21:08PM -0700, larry@marso.com wrote:

You can always write your own user interface (just like you'd do it from C plugins), possibly with the help from Gimp::UI. If you don't want to do that, you can load and store data using the Gimp::Data module, which does the serializing for you. You can also use parasites and attach various sets of parameters to the gimp, an image etc. (see examples/parasite-editor for an example).

Sven Neumann
2002-09-09 21:05:32 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hi,

larry@marso.com writes:

Where is the best documentation on parasites?

the best documentation is always the code. In The GIMP the code is often the sole documentation that exists. For parasites there's also the file parasites.txt in the devel-docs directory, but I'm sure you've looked there already.

Salut, Sven