RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP assistance needed

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP assistance needed WHITE,CURTIS (HP-USA,ex1) 06 Jun 01:16
  GIMP assistance needed Carol Spears 06 Jun 08:15
  GIMP assistance needed Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero 06 Jun 13:37
WHITE,CURTIS (HP-USA,ex1)
2002-06-06 01:16:39 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

GIMP assistance needed

I am trying to call the function in GIMP file-print-gimp. Do you have example of the arguments that are needed and the correct syntax? I am getting the error "Invalid types specified for arguments". Below is a copy of the script as I entered it into script-fu.

(file-print-gimp 0 "home/eds_cm/screen.xwd" "home/eds_cm/screen.xwd" "lp -s -dhpcp1160 -oraw" "DJ9xxVIP"
"/usr/share/printconf/foomatic/data/DJ9xxVIP-530418.foo" 1 "300" "Letter" "Plain" "Tray1" 1.0 100 -1 -1 -1 1 1 1 1 1 0 2 2 1 "\0" "Adaptive" 0).

In addition, I want to use this to print out a screenshot from the xwd command. Can I use gimp -b to do this from the command line. By the way the screenshot is referenced above as screen.xwd.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Carol Spears
2002-06-06 08:15:53 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

GIMP assistance needed

hi. even though it says it wants to know about interactive or not, it really doesn't want to know. i think that non-interactive is assumed. at least that is how it worked with perl-fu.

there is a call extension-screenshot that has gimp call xwd for you. i don't know if this is better or not.

hope it helps.

carol

On 2002-06-05 at 1616.39 -0700, WHITE,CURTIS (HP-USA,ex1) typed this mail:

I am trying to call the function in GIMP file-print-gimp. Do you have example of the arguments that are needed and the correct syntax? I am getting the error "Invalid types specified for arguments". Below is a copy of the script as I entered it into script-fu.

(file-print-gimp 0 "home/eds_cm/screen.xwd" "home/eds_cm/screen.xwd" "lp -s -dhpcp1160 -oraw" "DJ9xxVIP"
"/usr/share/printconf/foomatic/data/DJ9xxVIP-530418.foo" 1 "300" "Letter" "Plain" "Tray1" 1.0 100 -1 -1 -1 1 1 1 1 1 0 2 2 1 "\0" "Adaptive" 0).

In addition, I want to use this to print out a screenshot from the xwd command. Can I use gimp -b to do this from the command line. By the way the screenshot is referenced above as screen.xwd.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
2002-06-06 13:37:18 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

GIMP assistance needed

curtis_white@hp.com (2002-06-05 at 1616.39 -0700):

I wonder why not convert the xwd to something that the print system understands (maybe png?), and just print that with lpr or lp or whatever command you have?

GSR