RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gradients database?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gradients database? Gordon Royle 03 Jun 07:42
  gradients database? Adrian Likins 03 Jun 09:56
Gordon Royle
2002-06-03 07:42:06 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

gradients database?

Hi,

Thanks to the help from this list, I have now interpreted the gradient format and my program can now freely use at least the simpler GIMP gradients (linear interpolation). After all this work, I had hoped that there would be some central listing containing lots of cool gradients that I could just immediately use.... but all I can find are the ones that come with the GIMP already and a few isolated ones on the web. Does anyone know if there is any central location where individuals can contribute their funky gradients? If not, should there be one? This could be easily automated to allow people to submit their favourite gradients and build up a really excellent resource...

Thanks

gordon

Adrian Likins
2002-06-03 09:56:56 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

gradients database?

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 01:42:06PM +0800, Gordon Royle wrote:

Hi,

Thanks to the help from this list, I have now interpreted the gradient format and my program can now freely use at least the simpler GIMP gradients (linear interpolation). After all this work, I had hoped that there would be some central listing containing lots of cool gradients that I could just immediately use.... but all I can find are the ones that come with the GIMP already and a few isolated ones on the web. Does anyone know if there is any central location where individuals can contribute their funky gradients? If not, should there be one? This could be easily automated to allow people to submit their favourite gradients and build up a really excellent resource...

There were a couple big piles of gradients based on fractint gradient files floating around at one point.

ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/contrib/grads-adrian-fractint.tar.gz

there are about 500 in there I belive...

I seem to have about 700 sitting in my gimp setup at the moment, not sure where all from...

Adrian