RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Interactive crop functionality

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

m2znyeo7ms.fsf@tnuctip.rych... 07 Oct 20:21
  Interactive crop functionality Sven Neumann 02 Jun 14:59
m2n0udn80z.fsf@tnuctip.rych... 07 Oct 20:21
  Interactive crop functionality Sven Neumann 02 Jun 16:03
Sven Neumann
2002-06-02 14:59:08 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hi,

Jan Rychter writes:

I'm working on a plugin that will allow me to process digital camera photos for lab printing. It seems that my Olympus D-40Z produces greenish pictures that need some serious color correction before going to the lab.

Now, that's all good and great, but I'd also like to scale and crop the images, to go from the camera format to the 10x15 print format. That's where the problem begins.

scale, why do you want to scale the image before you print it?

Basically, I'd like to have my script display the crop tool with pre-set options on an image that is being processed in that script. Then the user would be able to move the crop area up or down. After clicking "Crop" the script should resume and finish processing the image.

This has to be done for lots of images, so manually setting all the values in the crop tool is not an option.

Any suggestions there? Right now the PDB lets me crop the image to specified extents, but there is no way to make it interactive (as far as I know)?

you could let the user specify the cropped area using a rectangular selection. Basically your plug-in would set a rectangular selection and allow the user to move it using the Move tool. Then you could crop to the selected area.

Salut, Sven

Sven Neumann
2002-06-02 16:03:16 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hi,

Jan Rychter writes:

Now, this is probably a basic question -- but any hints on how to do that without the move tool moving the image along with the selection as well? Layers? I just need a box that can be moved, no actual image operations are to be performed...

press the Alt key.

Salut, Sven