RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

UI problem in bump-map plug-in dialog

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

UI problem in bump-map plug-in dialog Oliver Rapp 01 Jun 00:32
  UI problem in bump-map plug-in dialog Sven Neumann 01 Jun 02:26
Oliver Rapp
2002-06-01 00:32:31 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hi!

I've found a UI problem in the bump-map plug-in dialog. If the open files have to many layers, not all layers can be displayed in the option menu. They fit not in a single column on the screen. To select the layer you want to use for the bumpmap, you have to close all unneeded files or to reduce the amount of layers.

Both methodes are not very suitable. Maybe we can replace the option menu with a widget like the layer dialog.

I'm using Gimp 1.2.3/linux but think version 1.3.x has the same problem.

Bye! Oliver

Sven Neumann
2002-06-01 02:26:32 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hi,

Oliver Rapp writes:

I've found a UI problem in the bump-map plug-in dialog. If the open files have to many layers, not all layers can be displayed in the option menu. They fit not in a single column on the screen. To select the layer you want to use for the bumpmap, you have to close all unneeded files or to reduce the amount of layers.

Both methodes are not very suitable. Maybe we can replace the option menu with a widget like the layer dialog.

I'm using Gimp 1.2.3/linux but think version 1.3.x has the same problem.

I don't think so since GTK+-2.0 handles this by making the menu scrollable. This fixes the problem for gimp-1.3 and I don't think we can do anything about gimp-1.2 in this regard.

Salut, Sven