RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Hollywood GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Hollywood GIMP Hai Nguyen 01 May 13:56
Hollywood GIMP hn8790@bristol.ac.uk 01 May 15:03
Hollywood GIMP Griffin, Kevin 02 May 08:14
Hai Nguyen
2002-05-01 13:56:10 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hollywood GIMP

Hi,

I am trying to compile the version of hollywood gimp obtained from CVS, there are many problems compiling. I have managed to resolve a lot of them, but it's taking too long.

Does anyone know of a stable version?

Also one of the versions I found elsewhere was using a very old version of GTK, suprisingly it seems that newer versions of GTK are not backward compatible with the very early versions.

Has anyone successfully managed to compile hollywood gimp?

Cheers, Hai.

hn8790@bristol.ac.uk
2002-05-01 15:03:24 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hollywood GIMP

Hi,

I am trying to compile the version of hollywood gimp obtained from CVS, there are many problems compiling. I have managed to resolve a lot of them, but it's taking too long.

Does anyone know of a stable version?
Also one of the versions I found elsewhere was using a very old version of GTK, suprisingly it seems that newer versions of GTK are not backward compatible with the very early versions.
Has anyone successfully managed to compile hollywood gimp?
Cheers,
Hai.

----------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through SilkyMail v1.1.2a

Griffin, Kevin
2002-05-02 08:14:52 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Hollywood GIMP

My experience with this was documented thusly:

From 12 March 2002:

Thus spoke Griffin, Kevin
> Has anyone been able to build the Hollywood branch recently? > There seems to be problems with the libtool & ltconfig set up. I followed
> the thread from Jan concerning this, and I'm trying to reconcile the > instruction to have ltconfig --diable-shared ltmain.sh, but then have > configure complain about libtool configuration failing. As a result, > ltconfig isn't generated. If anyone has had any success in this matter, I'd
> very much like to hear about it. Thanks in advance:) > I'm using libtool 1.4.2, under FreeBSD 4.5.

Not sure if anyone answered this for you or not. I built recently on RH 7.2
using libtool 1.4 (ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4).

The steps are pretty straight forward. First, comment out the following plug-ins:

rll, fm_pts, parsley, pts

These guys all seem to be specific to either SGI, Silicon Grail and/or Rhythm and
Hues environments.

Then you should be able to do the following:

clocal automake -a
autoconf
./configure --prefix=
ltconfig ltmain.sh

The ltconfig step has to be done after configure or else ltmain.sh will be broke. This appears to be the biggest trick to getting the package to compile.

After all this, you should be able to run make from the top level directory. I don't know what the diffs would be for doing this under FreeBSD, however.