RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

png file exports - disable metadata?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

png file exports - disable metadata? Paul Jewell via gimp-developer-list 15 May 22:03
  png file exports - disable metadata? Ofnuts 19 May 11:51
Paul Jewell via gimp-developer-list
2019-05-15 22:03:32 UTC (almost 5 years ago)

Hi All, I am wondering about a curious event I am seeing related to exporting PNG images from Gimp either through the usual interface, or via a script like so:

pdb.file_png_save2(gimp.image_list()[0], gimp.image_list()[0].layers[0], '/tmp/test1.png', '/tmp/test1.png', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) pdb.file_png_save2(gimp.image_list()[0], gimp.image_list()[0].layers[0], '/tmp/test2.png', '/tmp/test2.png', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

It seems that exporting these two pngs, some different data is written because they have a different sha1sum. (I would guess timestamp, but I disabled this with the plugin option as shown) This weirdness does not seem to happen with other file formats like webp, raw, etc. Is there any way to disable the writing of this extra data?

Ofnuts
2019-05-19 11:51:02 UTC (almost 5 years ago)

On 5/16/19 12:03 AM, Paul Jewell via gimp-developer-list wrote:

Hi All, I am wondering about a curious event I am seeing related to exporting PNG images from Gimp either through the usual interface, or via a script like so:

pdb.file_png_save2(gimp.image_list()[0], gimp.image_list()[0].layers[0], '/tmp/test1.png', '/tmp/test1.png', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) pdb.file_png_save2(gimp.image_list()[0], gimp.image_list()[0].layers[0], '/tmp/test2.png', '/tmp/test2.png', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

It seems that exporting these two pngs, some different data is written because they have a different sha1sum. (I would guess timestamp, but I disabled this with the plugin option as shown) This weirdness does not seem to happen with other file formats like webp, raw, etc. Is there any way to disable the writing of this extra data?

Can't reproduce. Saving the same PNG twice gives two files with identical hashes even when saving:

* background color

* gamma

* layer offset

* resolution

* comment

the comment