RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How is supposed to work the "dash_offset" when stroking paths in line mode?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How is supposed to work the "dash_offset" when stroking paths in line mode? Ofnuts 01 May 17:45
  How is supposed to work the "dash_offset" when stroking paths in line mode? Ofnuts 01 May 21:48
Ofnuts
2019-05-01 17:45:08 UTC (almost 5 years ago)

* the Python help says the input value range for "set" is 1..100 while the output value range for "get" is 0..2000

* whatever the value I seem to always get the same result

Is this supposed to shift the dash pattern? Is it an absolute value or is it relative to the dash pattern length?

Assuming I have a pattern like:

"#### ## #### ## #### ##"

what do I need to do to stroke it as:

" #### ## #### ## #### ##"

Ofnuts
2019-05-01 21:48:03 UTC (almost 5 years ago)

On 5/1/19 7:45 PM, Ofnuts wrote:

* the Python help says the input value range for "set" is 1..100 while the output value range for "get" is 0..2000

* whatever the value I seem to always get the same result

Is this supposed to shift the dash pattern? Is it an absolute value or is it relative to the dash pattern length?

Assuming I have a pattern like:

"#### ## #### ## #### ##"

what do I need to do to stroke it as:

" #### ## #### ## #### ##"

OK, so the answer is: it's an absolute length in pixels, so in practice you have to compute it from the sum of the dash pattern elements and the line width.