RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

primitive drawing tool Request

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

primitive drawing tool Request Jacques Koffaltretes via gimp-developer-list 13 Oct 20:36
  primitive drawing tool Request Ofnuts 17 Oct 12:44
Jacques Koffaltretes via gimp-developer-list
2018-10-13 20:36:54 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Hello,

I love gimp, and use it for all my game dev image manipulation and also for artwork.

Can you PLEASE add simple primitive drawing tools, If you can add line/box and circle tools with option to fill shapes or outline, and line tool has option to hold CTRL to snap to 90/45/27.5/15 angles when drawing continous segments.

I know this is primarly not a drawing program, but I hate to have to load other software just to draw a line or a solid circle or box. Every beginner art app/program is capable of doing this, and I have no idea the logic why this was never included in gimp.

Stroking a path is simply laborious and dumb, the path is unpredictable and disappears on undo..

I will donate cost for the developer time to get some primitive drawing tool into gimp. At least a line tool, please.

Thanks,

-Andy Llora
Ofnuts
2018-10-17 12:44:06 UTC (over 5 years ago)

On 10/13/18 22:36, Jacques Koffaltretes via gimp-developer-list wrote:

Hello,

I love gimp, and use it for all my game dev image manipulation and also for artwork.

Can you PLEASE add simple primitive drawing tools, If you can add line/box and circle tools with option to fill shapes or outline, and line tool has option to hold CTRL to snap to 90/45/27.5/15 angles when drawing continous segments.

I know this is primarly not a drawing program, but I hate to have to load other software just to draw a line or a solid circle or box. Every beginner art app/program is capable of doing this, and I have no idea the logic why this was never included in gimp.

Stroking a path is simply laborious and dumb, the path is unpredictable and disappears on undo..

I will donate cost for the developer time to get some primitive drawing tool into gimp. At least a line tool, please.

The line part is already in the brush tool. Click on start point, depress Shift, move to end point, Click. If you depress Ctrl (in addition to Shift) you have constrained angles. You can also see Filters>Render>GFig.