RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

A suggestion for GIMP developers

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

A suggestion for GIMP developers Sylvain.deray 23 Aug 20:00
  A suggestion for GIMP developers C R via gimp-developer-list 29 Aug 20:30
   A suggestion for GIMP developers Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list 25 Oct 07:00
Sylvain.deray
2018-08-23 20:00:37 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Hello,

First sorry for my English...and the menu text (in French)

I have a question for developers but i didn't understood where to post it. I hope i am at the right place.

I would like to know if i was possible to add a quick access to [Draw the selection] in Tool options of the "Selection Tools"

as we can find [Draw the path] in the "Path Tool" ?

An image will be easier to understand...

I think it can be more friendly. (/I always have difficulties to find the right command because i'm looking in "Sélection" menu and not in "Edition" Menu ! /)

Thanks for your help.

Sylvain.  from Lyon - France

C R via gimp-developer-list
2018-08-29 20:30:39 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Hi. Do you want to draw the selection from a path?

-C

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 8:34 PM Sylvain.deray wrote:

Hello,

First sorry for my English...and the menu text (in French)

I have a question for developers but i didn't understood where to post it. I hope i am at the right place.

I would like to know if i was possible to add a quick access to [Draw the selection] in Tool options of the "Selection Tools"

as we can find [Draw the path] in the "Path Tool" ?

An image will be easier to understand...

I think it can be more friendly. (/I always have difficulties to find the right command because i'm looking in "Sélection" menu and not in "Edition" Menu ! /)

Thanks for your help.

Sylvain. from Lyon - France

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list
2018-10-25 07:00:58 UTC (over 5 years ago)

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 09:30:39PM +0100, C R via gimp-developer-list wrote:

Hi. Do you want to draw the selection from a path?

I think he means to add a button with the function "Stroke selection" as it is already present in the path option dialog for the path tool. In the selection tools such button is missing but also all "Select" commands like Shrik, Grow, Invert, etc.

Probably the reason is this: to not clutter the "options" tool dialog with commands. In the path tool there are fewer options so putting also some commands, although a bit inconsistent, makes sense.

Sorry for my bad English

--

Marco Ciampa

I know a joke about UDP, but you might not get it.

------------------------

GNU/Linux User #78271 FSFE fellow #364

------------------------