RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

File-Rawtherapee

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

File-Rawtherapee Partha Bagchi 29 Apr 20:35
Partha Bagchi
2018-04-29 20:35:27 UTC (about 6 years ago)

File-Rawtherapee

Platform Windows 10, 64bit

I'm stumped in terms of using RawTherapee (RT) as the default raw editor within GIMP. The RT version in question is 5.4.

In checking the source file-rawtherapee.c, I see that the function "file_raw_get_executable_path" will return the exe_path using the environment variable "RAWTHERAPEE_EXECUTABLE" or as a last resort, using Windows PATH environment variable. It does not utilize the Windows registry.

I'm not sure what the format for the environment variable is, while adding the folder where RT is installed to the PATH variable results in a command prompt during GIMP startup process and will not go away till you "Press any key" and RT is not found.

Unlike darktable, there are no debugging abilities built into file-rawtherapee.c.

I suspect it works on Linux boxes since g_spawn utility probably outputs to the default stdout.

Thanks,
Partha