RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Curve - Second Iteration

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Curve - Second Iteration Mark Probst 18 May 21:17
Curve - Second Iteration Mark Probst 18 May 21:43
Curve - Second Iteration Øyvind Kolås 19 May 02:45
Curve - Second Iteration hendrik-e9JHxFxFq/nmOAo1QFYKGQ@public.gmane.org 20 May 14:47
Curve - Second Iteration Øyvind Kolås 20 May 19:16
Mark Probst
2007-05-18 21:17:25 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Curve - Second Iteration

Hi!

This is the second version, this time with chanting and XML serialization support.

There's a general issue with the XML module (not related to my patches): It relies on the C library functions for printing and parsing floating point numbers, which is done in a locale-specific way. If the application sets a locale which uses a different decimal point (like "de"), for example, GEGL will output invalid data, and valid GEGL files will not parse (or will parse incorrectly). I've had this problem in an application myself and resorted to switching locales whenever I had to do some parsing, but that's clearly not a satisfactory solution. I'll look around and see what the standard solution to this problem is.

Mark

Mark Probst
2007-05-18 21:43:08 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Curve - Second Iteration

On 5/18/07, Mark Probst wrote:

satisfactory solution. I'll look around and see what the standard solution to this problem is.

It turns out there are functions in GLib to do this stuff in a locale-independent way, namely g_ascii_strtod and g_ascii_dtostr. I'll provide a patch shortly.

Mark

Øyvind Kolås
2007-05-19 02:45:27 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Curve - Second Iteration

satisfactory solution. I'll look around and see what the standard solution to this problem is.

It turns out there are functions in GLib to do this stuff in a locale-independent way, namely g_ascii_strtod and g_ascii_dtostr. I'll provide a patch shortly.

I've added the curve implementation to GEGL, as well as committed the contrast-curve op to the workshop.

/Øyvind K.

hendrik-e9JHxFxFq/nmOAo1QFYKGQ@public.gmane.org
2007-05-20 14:47:17 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Curve - Second Iteration

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 09:17:25PM +0200, Mark Probst wrote:

Hi!

This is the second version, this time with chanting and XML serialization support.

What's chanting? I looked it up in google and found references to meditation and Siddha yoga and the like. Presumably it means something else in this context.

-- hendrik

Øyvind Kolås
2007-05-20 19:16:21 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Curve - Second Iteration

On 5/20/07, hendrik-e9JHxFxFq/nmOAo1QFYKGQ@public.gmane.org wrote:

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 09:17:25PM +0200, Mark Probst wrote:

What's chanting? I looked it up in google and found references to meditation and Siddha yoga and the like. Presumably it means something else in this context.

In this context it means the "magic incantations" that are produce through a small amount of code achieves the same as much larger amount of boiler-plate code necessary to make an operations plug-in work, including handling of properties in a manner consistent with the GObject type model.

/Øyvind K.