RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Deskew

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Deskew Karl Chen 21 Mar 03:05
Deskew Étienne Bersac 26 Mar 20:00
Karl Chen
2007-03-21 03:05:27 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Deskew

Greetings,

I wrote a plugin for GIMP to do deskew (auto-straighten) [1]. It uses code from the pagetools project which is GPLed.

The KDE developers already ported it to Krita, and a Gnome-scan developer suggested it should be part of GEGL. Any interest?

[1] http://www.cubewano.org/gimp-deskew-plugin/

Étienne Bersac
2007-03-26 20:00:18 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Deskew

Hi,

Sorry to recreate the thread, but i weren't subscribed.

I'm gnome-scan developers. I splitted scan in three phase : acquisition, processing and sink. I was wondering if i would just write a gegl src using SANE, but for obvious reason, it was not the right solution (dynamic param specs, etc.)

And now, i'm pretty sure of it : image processing will be handle by Gegl. I will just build a pipeline and use GeglProcessor to make it work.

Ok, now i have the technical base for processing, i need processing GeglNode that handle Scan processing. Acquired image does not require drop down shadow and other effect. Without rocking effects, gnome-scan is just useless !

An example effect is deskew. deskew is not just for prepare a paper for ORC. Even photo introduce in the automatic document feeder are often a bit rotated. Gnome Scan need such effect. If a deskew effect is automatically loaded, i can spare the user to manually rotate (luckily, Gegl has a rocking rotate operation).

So, is it possible to implement a deskew operation ? Karl, can you work on it ? Do you agree ?

Thanks for paying attention and sorry for the silence :S

Regards, Étienne.
--
Verso l'Alto !