RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Segmentation Fault at initial run

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Segmentation Fault at initial run Kerem Kat 20 Mar 20:22
Segmentation Fault at initial run Øyvind Kolås 20 Mar 20:34
Segmentation Fault at initial run Øyvind Kolås 21 Mar 01:59
Kerem Kat
2007-03-20 20:22:31 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hi, I checked out babl and gegl from svn and compiled them on fedora 6 with autogen.sh , but without success to run.

gegl: rev. 1436 babl: rev. 230

When I run the gegl binary, it gives the following:

WARNING **: Failed to set operation type for nop, using a passthrough op instead
Segmentation fault

When I google on this, I have found that my problem is same as the mentioned gegl-0.0.4 seg fault problem in Jan 2007.

I tried make install as root, make install in operations as suggested there but it those does not help in this case.

Any other suggestions?

Øyvind Kolås
2007-03-20 20:34:13 UTC (about 17 years ago)

On 3/20/07, Kerem Kat wrote:

Hi, I checked out babl and gegl from svn and compiled them on fedora 6 with autogen.sh , but without success to run.

WARNING **: Failed to set operation type for nop, using a passthrough op instead

This mean that GEGL has failed to find any of it's plug-ins, you probably want trying to set the environment variable GEGL_PATH to point to the location where the .so's of the operations ended up being installed and make another attempt.

/Øyvind K.

Øyvind Kolås
2007-03-21 01:59:48 UTC (about 17 years ago)

On 3/20/07, Øyvind Kolås wrote:

On 3/20/07, Kerem Kat wrote:

This mean that GEGL has failed to find any of it's plug-ins, you probably want trying to set the environment variable GEGL_PATH to point to the location where the .so's of the operations ended up being installed and make another attempt.

It seems like I responded a bit prematurely, there has been changes recently to make GEGL and babl work on win32, these seems to have broken the build on Unixes right now. I do not have the immediate time available to look into these issues right now, unfortunately this leaves us with broken trunk revisions, the changes to make it work again shouldn't be very large though.

/Øyvind K.