RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Merging po files

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Merging po files Ulf-D. Ehlert 25 Jan 12:59
  Merging po files Daniel Nylander 25 Jan 19:36
   Merging po files Ulf-D. Ehlert 26 Jan 22:35
    Merging po files julien 27 Jan 14:55
     Merging po files Ulf-D. Ehlert 28 Jan 11:41
      Merging po files julien 28 Jan 20:15
      Merging po files julien 29 Jan 08:46
Ulf-D. Ehlert
2009-01-25 12:59:51 UTC (over 15 years ago)

Merging po files

Hi,

I'm about to merge the po files. Proposed new po files and directories layout: one pot file (and thus one po file) for every source directory:

src/dir_x/dir_y/*.xml |
v
pot/dir_x/dir_y.pot
|
v
po/xx/dir_x/dir_y.po
|
v
xml/xx/dir_x/dir_y/*.xml

This will lead to 40-50 po files rather than 500++.

Any questions, comments, or suggestions? (This is your last chance for a veto!) If not, I will probably commit my changes tomorrow evening.

Maybe it's a good idea to make a backup of your po files...

Bye, Ulf

Daniel Nylander
2009-01-25 19:36:53 UTC (over 15 years ago)

Merging po files

sön 2009-01-25 klockan 12:59 +0100 skrev Ulf-D. Ehlert:

Hi,

I'm about to merge the po files. Proposed new po files and directories layout: one pot file (and thus one po file) for every source directory:

src/dir_x/dir_y/*.xml

This is good! 500+ PO files are just a mess to handle (translate, review, commit). I can also stop using my ugle Compendium.po :-)

Regards, Daniel

Ulf-D. Ehlert
2009-01-26 22:35:37 UTC (over 15 years ago)

Merging po files

Hi,

I've just committed the merged po files.

Remove your pot directory and try 'make [-f Makefile.GNU] status-xx' (where 'xx' is your language). When you get 0% translated strings something went wrong...

When using the Makefile.GNU you should set and export "ALL_LINGUAS" or specify it on the command line.

The changed Makefiles will create and include some dependency files dynamically (xml/xx/.deps.mk), this may produce some weird warnings the first time you run make. These messages can be ignored.

Hope I didn't add too many bugs...

Good luck! Ulf

julien
2009-01-27 14:55:57 UTC (over 15 years ago)

Merging po files

Hi,

I've just committed the merged po files.

Remove your pot directory and try 'make [-f Makefile.GNU] status-xx' (where 'xx' is your language). When you get 0% translated strings something went wrong...

Wonderful work!

What do "#-#-#-#-# xtns-script-fu.po (PACKAGE VERSION) #-#-#-#-#\n"" lines like this one mean?

Julien

Ulf-D. Ehlert
2009-01-28 11:41:10 UTC (over 15 years ago)

Merging po files

julien (Dienstag, 27. Januar 2009, 14:55):

What do "#-#-#-#-# xtns-script-fu.po (PACKAGE VERSION) #-#-#-#-#\n"" lines like this one mean?

AFAIK a msgid with conflicting msgstrs.

Ulf

julien
2009-01-28 20:15:05 UTC (over 15 years ago)

Merging po files

Hi,

AFAIK a msgid with conflicting msgstrs.

Conflicting?
Does this mean that all msgstrs in these lists must be identical to resolve the conflict?

Can I keep these differences in msgstrs and simply delete these comments?

Julien

julien
2009-01-29 08:46:54 UTC (over 15 years ago)

Merging po files

OK, I understand.

These comments list the occurences of an english item in files merged in the po file.
I choose one of these proposed translations and remove all the commented lines.
So, the english item will be translated in the same way in all files merged in the po file.

Julien