RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Preparing the GIMP 2.6 release

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Preparing the GIMP 2.6 release Sven Neumann 07 Jul 09:13
  Preparing the GIMP 2.6 release Roman Joost 08 Jul 10:49
Sven Neumann
2008-07-07 09:13:39 UTC (over 15 years ago)

Hi,

we are getting close to GIMP 2.6 and we hope to be able to release a first pre-release soon. There are still some minor changes planned for the user interface. The text tool will either see some more changes or it will be reverted to the state in GIMP 2.4. The GEGL functionality will be hidden from the user as far as possible. But apart from that the user interface can be considered frozen. I thought I'd let you guys know so that you can discuss when to start writing help for 2.6.

What we absolutely need for the 2.6 release is a link on docs.gimp.org so that the online help works. Please make sure that 'http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/' is a valid URI pointing to the current user manual.

Sven

Roman Joost
2008-07-08 10:49:09 UTC (over 15 years ago)

Hi Sven,

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 09:13:39AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

we are getting close to GIMP 2.6 and we hope to be able to release a first pre-release soon. There are still some minor changes planned for the user interface. The text tool will either see some more changes or it will be reverted to the state in GIMP 2.4. The GEGL functionality will be hidden from the user as far as possible. But apart from that the user interface can be considered frozen. I thought I'd let you guys know so that you can discuss when to start writing help for 2.6.

Thanks for letting us know!

What we absolutely need for the 2.6 release is a link on docs.gimp.org so that the online help works. Please make sure that 'http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/' is a valid URI pointing to the current user manual.

I added a link. It points now to our current SVN version of the manual.

Cheers,