RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

may be wrong part in gimp help

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

may be wrong part in gimp help Choi, Ji-Hui 14 Jul 04:14
  may be wrong part in gimp help julien 14 Jul 21:10
   may be wrong part in gimp help Choi, Ji-Hui 15 Jul 10:49
   may be wrong part in gimp help Axel Wernicke 15 Jul 12:05
   may be wrong part in gimp help Sven Neumann 16 Jul 17:41
Choi, Ji-Hui
2007-07-14 04:14:46 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

hi, all.

according to http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-shortcuts.html

"If you type a sequence which has already been used, the command which is associated with this shortcut will be executed and no new shortcut will be created."

but I can reassign every key. It doesn't matter whether the key sequence is already assigned or not. for example, the default shortcut of "select all" is CTRL+A, and I want to use this shortcut to "none select". according to manual, I can't assign CTRL+A for "none select", but I can. Am I wrong, or manual is wrong?

Greetings.

julien
2007-07-14 21:10:07 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi,

You are right. This sentence must be deleted. It was true when this file has been written...

Julien

Choi, Ji-Hui a ?crit :

hi, all.

"If you type a sequence which has already been used, the command which is associated with this shortcut will be executed and no new shortcut will be created."

but I can reassign every key. It doesn't matter whether the key sequence is already assigned or not. for example, the default shortcut of "select all" is CTRL+A, and I want to use this shortcut to "none select". according to manual, I can't assign CTRL+A for "none select", but I can. Am I wrong, or manual is wrong?

Greetings.

Choi, Ji-Hui
2007-07-15 10:49:17 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Thank you, Julien
:-)

Axel Wernicke
2007-07-15 12:05:43 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

So, I'll go and remove the for all languages...

Am 14.07.2007 um 21:10 schrieb julien:

Hi,

You are right. This sentence must be deleted. It was true when this file has been written...

Julien

Choi, Ji-Hui a ?crit :

hi, all.

"If you type a sequence which has already been used, the command which
is associated with this shortcut will be executed and no new shortcut will be created."

but I can reassign every key. It doesn't matter whether the key sequence is already assigned or not. for example, the default shortcut
of "select all" is CTRL+A, and I want to use this shortcut to "none select". according to manual, I can't assign CTRL+A for "none select",
but I can. Am I wrong, or manual is wrong?

Greetings.

Sven Neumann
2007-07-16 17:41:57 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 21:10 +0200, julien wrote:

Sorry that I have to disagree but it has definitely never behaved that way.

Sven