RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 37, Issue 9

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mailman.5.1182279608.10318.... 07 Oct 20:29
  Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 37, Issue 7 Vitaly Lomov 20 Jun 09:24
mailman.5.1182366005.21305.... 07 Oct 20:29
  Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 37, Issue 8 Vitaly Lomov 21 Jun 09:27
mailman.5.1182452406.2455.g... 07 Oct 20:29
  Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 37, Issue 9 Vitaly Lomov 22 Jun 09:25
Vitaly Lomov
2007-06-20 09:24:06 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 37, Issue 7

In my html version these strings are tool options with a note below (containing a link) - just follow the white rabbit... ;-)

Ulf

In selection tools, those common options are not listed individually (e.g.http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-rect-select.html), just a note and a link where to go. The note by itself looks more natural then some enumeration of terms. I didn't get it was common tool options, the reader may have problem too.

Vitaly Lomov
2007-06-21 09:27:26 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 37, Issue 8

----- Original Message -----
To: Kolbj?rn Stuest?l
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:49 AM Subject: Re: [Gimp-docs] index terms in visible text

Um, can somebody who is able to see the problem put an screenshot of the problem online? In addition to that it might help to tell us the OS / browser combination you can see the problem. Again, http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-pencil.html looks fine to me on Safari @ OS X and Firefox 2 @ W2k as well as on IE7 @ w2k Greetings, lexA

The pencil file makes it clearer: instead of enumerating index terms, tool parameters are enumerated with the note below saying that they are the common brush tool parameters. And below, common _paint_ tool parameters are named with note and link. Well, _now_ I see that the list of terms are common parameters and not index terms. I got confused after translating the rectangle selection tool, where the list of common options for all selection tools was not created, just a note and a link to common selection tool options. So, it's not a bug, but a 'feature' - simply inconsistent handling of common parameters in different files. Should we then enumerate common selection parameters in gimp-tool-rect-select and other selection tools?

Vitaly Lomov
2007-06-22 09:25:43 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 37, Issue 9

Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 07:53:10 +0200 From: "Axel Wernicke"
Subject: Re: [Gimp-docs] index terms in visible text Cc: forum Gimp

Hi,

now we do get closer to this...

... I think indeed Vitaliy is talking about something different, or two issues together.

1. There are some tool options, that are described not for each tool, but in a general section. These options are grouped into one listitem like "Opacity; Brush; Pressure Sensitivity; Fade Out; Hard Edge". The describing text consists of a note containing a link. The headline "Opacity; Brush; Pressure Sensitivity; Fade Out; Hard Edge" however is _not_ supposed to be a link.
--> IMHO here os no further action necessary. If there is a suggestion how to make a better heading for such cases I'm open for them.

We should either enumerate common options in every tool and put a note after the list, or remove the list from all the tools and leave just the note. I don't think common options are going to change soon, so my preference is to enumerate them.