RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Big Thanks!

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Big Thanks! Roman Joost 01 Jun 09:00
  Big Thanks! Roman Joost 01 Jun 10:02
   Big Thanks! Sven Neumann 01 Jun 11:12
   Big Thanks! Michael Schumacher 01 Jun 12:37
Roman Joost
2007-06-01 09:00:33 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Big Thanks!

After the Libre Graphics Meeting in Montreal, I would like to thank all of you who have contributed and still contributing to the manual.

When this project started in 2003, there was nearly nothing (except the very good books) for the user to read in form of a manual. It took now several years to create something which is usable by our readers. Of course, there are still a lot of things todo. But from my point of view, we would never be where we are without so many valuable contributions.

Thanks!

Roman Joost
2007-06-01 10:02:18 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Big Thanks!

Okey - my mistake - one glitch Sven pointed me at:

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 09:00:33AM +0200, Roman Joost wrote:

When this project started in 2003, there was nearly nothing (except the very good books) for the user to read in form of a manual.

Of course, there was already a GIMP user manual included with previous versions of GIMP created by Karin and Olof S. Kylander. I'm sorry if my statement went into the wrong direction. Because "The Official Handbook" was a book, I thought to gave enough credits by writing "except the very good books".

Sorry again, if my statement was not very precise for any misunderstanding :)

Greetings,

Sven Neumann
2007-06-01 11:12:51 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Big Thanks!

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 10:02 +0200, Roman Joost wrote:

Of course, there was already a GIMP user manual included with previous versions of GIMP created by Karin and Olof S. Kylander. I'm sorry if my statement went into the wrong direction. Because "The Official Handbook" was a book, I thought to gave enough credits by writing "except the very good books".

The point is that it wasn't only a book. Olof and Karin also wrote the help pages that we used in the GIMP helpbrowser before the rewrite 'gimp-help-2' was started.

Sven

Michael Schumacher
2007-06-01 12:37:02 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Big Thanks!

Von: Roman Joost

Okey - my mistake - one glitch Sven pointed me at:

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 09:00:33AM +0200, Roman Joost wrote:

When this project started in 2003, there was nearly nothing (except the very good books) for the user to read in form of a manual.

Of course, there was already a GIMP user manual included with previous versions of GIMP created by Karin and Olof S. Kylander.

BTW, is this still available in downloadable form somewhere? We have a link to ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/docs/ on http://www.gimp.org/books/, but this directory doesn't exist anymore (and we have a bug report about this). There are a few copies on the web, but it doesn't seem right to just link to an arbitrary one - an "official" place would be better.

HTH, Michael