RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Documenting GIMP 2.4

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Documenting GIMP 2.4 Roman Joost 30 May 11:29
  Documenting GIMP 2.4 Michael Schumacher 30 May 12:29
   Documenting GIMP 2.4 Roman Joost 30 May 13:15
    Documenting GIMP 2.4 Michael Schumacher 31 May 00:02
Roman Joost
2007-05-30 11:29:53 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Documenting GIMP 2.4

Hey folks,

during the Libre Graphics Meeting in Montreal we spoke about documenting GIMP 2.4. The developers gave us the signal to start documenting the upcoming new version after the next manual release.

That means, we release 0.13 in June and start documenting the new features.

Nothing wrong with that, though, I do have some thoughts about existing translations which are unmaintained for a while. I propose to keep them still in our manual, but remove the language ids in the Makefile and don't build the HTML anymore unless someone again maintains the language.

Additonally, after the next release, I propose to upload the new files to a new directory excluding the unmaintained languages. This would affect the following languages: Chinese, Swedish, Czech, Croation.

Did I forgot anything or thought that a language is unmaintained? Let me know. Comments are aaaaalways welcome :)

Greetings,

Michael Schumacher
2007-05-30 12:29:37 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Documenting GIMP 2.4

Von: Roman Joost

Additonally, after the next release, I propose to upload the new files to a new directory excluding the unmaintained languages. This would affect the following languages: Chinese, Swedish, Czech, Croation.

IMO you should indicate the maintenance status at http://docs.gimp.org/

For example, is "Hrvatski" maintained? It's TOC is still very short. (There's also a bug report about an incorrect label, IIRC it's supposed to be "Magyar").

HTH, Michael

Roman Joost
2007-05-30 13:15:28 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Documenting GIMP 2.4

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 12:29:37PM +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:

Von: Roman Joost

IMO you should indicate the maintenance status at http://docs.gimp.org/

Hm.. good point. I think I file a bug to add this during the website update.

For example, is "Hrvatski" maintained? It's TOC is still very short. (There's also a bug report about an incorrect label, IIRC it's supposed to be "Magyar").

Hm... I thought Magyar is Hungarian (hu)?

Greetings,

Michael Schumacher
2007-05-31 00:02:55 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Documenting GIMP 2.4

Roman Joost wrote:

Hm... I thought Magyar is Hungarian (hu)?

There are conflicting labels at http://www.gimp.org/docs/

HTH, Michael