RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Quickreference HowTo

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Quickreference HowTo Axel Wernicke 25 May 19:39
  Quickreference HowTo julien 26 May 07:27
   Quickreference HowTo Axel Wernicke 26 May 10:32
    Quickreference HowTo Roman Joost 29 May 10:40
Axel Wernicke
2007-05-25 19:39:30 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Quickreference HowTo

Hi list,

recently we added the ability to build a quickreference for GIMP as part of the manual.

Though I don't get the parts together. Is there any documentation which files are created by what and which shall we edited and which not?

Obviously translating the .pot files into .po files is one part. But how are the src/key-reference.xml and the quickreference/gimp- keys.xml involved?

How can we translate the headings and the keycap names btw?

So any knowledge out there in the fields?

Greetings, lexA ---
Remember: There are only two tools in life. WD-40, for when something doesn't move, and should, and Duct Tape, for when something is moving and it shouldn't.
So does the universe explode if you spray duct tape with WD-40?

julien
2007-05-26 07:27:19 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Quickreference HowTo

I have the same problem : I translated .pot into fr.po and gimp-keys.xml but I can't get the quickreference section in HTML nevertheless. What must I do
(I don't get it when making 'it' too)

Julien

recently we added the ability to build a quickreference for GIMP as part of the manual.

Though I don't get the parts together. Is there any documentation which files are created by what and which shall we edited and which not?

Obviously translating the .pot files into .po files is one part. But how are the src/key-reference.xml and the quickreference/gimp- keys.xml involved?

Axel Wernicke
2007-05-26 10:32:30 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Quickreference HowTo

So, it seems to be somewhat like:

1. quickreference/gimp-keys.xml - is the file that determines what's in the quickreference at all
2. quickreference/po/gimp-keys.pot - is the master file for the translatable strings
3. quickreference/po/xx.po - are the files containing the string translations for one lang per file
4. quickreference/xml/gimp-keys-xx.xml - are the files containing 1 merged with the xx from 3
5. quickreference/stylesheets/keys-docbook.xsl - is the stylesheet to create docbook
6. quickreference/stylesheets/keys-svg.xsl - is the stylesheet to create svg
7. quickreference/docbook/gimp-keys-xx.xml - are the docbook snippets made from 4 and 5
8. quickreference/svg/gimp-keys-xx.svg - are the resulting svg images, made from 4 and 6

Open questions: to 1:
There is still content in this file that shows up in the resulting svg / docbook but is not translatable? - -> help needs to be translated
- C -> shift needs to be translated (applies for other modifier keys too)
How is the string substitution done at all? I do not see any template or technology for this?

to 2:
How is the connection between 1 and 2. How do we get new strings in 1 into 2?

to 4:
How does the merging happen? There seems to be no stylesheet or anything like that

to 6:
In here is content too, that needs to be translatable, specially the mouse gestures are described by (english) text

to 7: Where do the snippets go to? Are they anyhow used by now?

last one: what is the /gimp-keys.xml all about? Obviously it is built from 1 too, but does not contain any translation or something.

Anybody (romanofski?) out there to shed light on this?

Greetings, lexA

Am 26.05.2007 um 07:27 schrieb julien:

I have the same problem : I translated .pot into fr.po and gimp- keys.xml
but I can't get the quickreference section in HTML nevertheless. What must I do
(I don't get it when making 'it' too)

Julien

Roman Joost
2007-05-29 10:40:33 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Quickreference HowTo

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 10:32:30AM +0200, Axel Wernicke wrote:

Anybody (romanofski?) out there to shed light on this?

Yes I'll do - would you give me a small amount of time to finish my work?