RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Swedish translation

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Swedish translation Albin Bernhardsson 22 May 00:11
Swedish translation Albin Bernhardsson 22 May 00:13
  Swedish translation Roman Joost 22 May 12:32
Albin Bernhardsson
2007-05-22 00:11:16 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Swedish translation

An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: /lists/gimp-docs/attachments/20070522/ea4c60af/attachment.html

Albin Bernhardsson
2007-05-22 00:13:23 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Swedish translation

The swedish translation of the User Manual is not very good. Actually, it only has the license, in english, and three words being explained. So I would like to contribute here by translating much of the english documentation into swedish. I just wonder if there's any project like that currently going on that I could join or if there's anyone else interested in translating it. Maybe we could talk a bit and see what we can do.

Also, when translating, what programs do I need? Cause when I look at the files in Notepad, they're all messed up.

//Didn't seem like it work when I send last time....

Roman Joost
2007-05-22 12:32:39 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Swedish translation

Hi Albin,

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 12:13:23AM +0200, Albin Bernhardsson wrote:

The swedish translation of the User Manual is not very good. Actually, it only has the license, in english, and three words being explained. So I would like to contribute here by translating much of the english documentation into swedish. I just wonder if there's any project like that currently going on that I could join or if there's anyone else interested in translating it. Maybe we could talk a bit and see what we can do.

That'll be great. The swedish translation is more then outdated and you'll be the first one who would work on the swedish translation again.

Also, when translating, what programs do I need? Cause when I look at the files in Notepad, they're all messed up.

You want to work on Windows then right? Well, the files are DocBook/XML and translations are seperated by attributes. You probably need either a normal texteditor like Emacs or Vim. Some of our authors work with Eclipse, which seem to have a good XML support.

Additionally there is our wiki page which should you get started quickly:

http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/TipsForContributing

Greetings,